We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anybody ever sit through a time share sales pitch for tix?

Morgantown, WV
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Topic
Anybody ever sit through a time share sales pitch for tix?

My girlfriend and I are headed out there in a few weeks and I'm thinking about sitting through one of these just to get some free tickets to shows. I know they are high pressured but I have no problem telling them no repeatedly.

Anybody ever sat through these to get yourself free tickets?

La Mirada...
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
16,011 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anybody ever sit through a time share sales pitch for tix?

Absolutely not! Do you really want to waste 3 or more hours of precious vacation time? If there's a show you want to see, look for a discount promo code on smartervegas or travelzoo or try tix4tonight for 1/2 price show tickets.

Just my opinion,

3Chihuahuas

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
2,880 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anybody ever sit through a time share sales pitch for tix?

I have never done this in LV but my DH talked me into this kind of thing when we were in Lake Tahoe in the fall and I gotta tell you it's so very long, boring and even painful so not at all worth worth it. Seriously walk....er.... RUN away when you see these vultures approaching you! You can always get cheaper tickets at one of the 1/2 price booths.

Jersey
Level Contributor
31,600 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Anybody ever sit through a time share sales pitch for tix?

No, and I never will. I work very hard at my job and I want to enjoy every second of my vacation. I can't think of anything any one of them can offer me that is worth listening to someone trying to sell me something I don't need/don't want/ have no intention of buying.

What shows are you talking about?

Baltimore
Level Contributor
1,319 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Anybody ever sit through a time share sales pitch for tix?

Nope, came close once on my 1st trip to LV though. Gal said she'd give us free tix to a show then took us to her sales desk, when she started rambling through her brochures & photos to make her presentation, we bowed out saying we've got things to do and have to go.

I should have known better since Wyndham has the same stuff in Atlantic City, when I walk by and they ask me I tell them I get Comped Free Rooms whenever I want in AC (which is True during the week) and keep on walking.

Think I'll tell them that next time in LV.

Queensbury, NY
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
4,268 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anybody ever sit through a time share sales pitch for tix?

I have, and I will NEVER do it again. That 90 minute presentation quickly turns into 3-4 hours and if you walk out before they are through harrassing you, you won't get tickets. THEN...it's just a voucher and you have to go to the actual box office to get real tickets.

They have no problem bussing you in air conditioned luxury to the presentation, but you are on your own getting back! LOL!

New Iberia...
Level Contributor
100 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Anybody ever sit through a time share sales pitch for tix?

I also say everything is comped which is true....it gets them to shut up right away. I would NEVER waste my time to listen to their presentation.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
2,606 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anybody ever sit through a time share sales pitch for tix?

I would rather tumble down a long flight of stairs than to go through an agonizing time share spiel.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
556 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anybody ever sit through a time share sales pitch for tix?

We sat through one when we had a rainy day in Mexico. The '90 minutes' really does turn into a few hours by the time you're done. The only reason we did it was b/c they were offering us a free week. We ended up going back the following yr to use the free week, so it was worth it. For sure not worth it just for tickets.

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
262 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anybody ever sit through a time share sales pitch for tix?

one of the first times we went we were young and on a rather small budget so we bit. it was right inside ny ny coming across bridge from MGM. it was 2 hours we will never get back , and they were pretty rood when we said no. but hey we go free show tickets and some other little free things .... if you are going to do it push for more or better than what they originally offer. and pin them down on how long it will take. if you have enough time go for its one of those things you can take off your list of things to do in vegas. though i do agree you can find some great half price tix at some of those booths which if you factor in the time the time share will take up. i would do the 1/2 price tix. i will never sit through a time share again , but dont loose sleep over having done it.

Mount Pleasant...
Level Contributor
1,764 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Anybody ever sit through a time share sales pitch for tix?

I did in Las Vegas a couple years ago. I did the Westgate at Planet Hollywood presentation. That one lasted about 1 hour and 45 minutes. I received 2 free buffets at Planet Hollywood and 2 show tickets. There was a book you could choose from. I chose Steve Wyrick. I thought it was a good show.

I have also gone to presentations in the Berkshires, but those last about 4 hours. For one I received free airline tickets and hotel for 2 people for 2 nights, and I could choose Las Vegas or Orlando. I chose Las Vegas, which we used last month. We only used the flight to Las Vegas and booked our own flight back. It was cheaper to do that then change the date with the airline. The hotel was Fitzgerald's, which is where we always stay.

For the other Berkshires presentation I received $100 and 2 free nights in the Berkshires. I will use the free nights probably this summer.