We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

United Vacations

Gainesville...
Level Contributor
176 posts
Save Topic
United Vacations

Has anyone used Unitedvacations.com? If so how does choosing your seat on the airline work? I read on their FAQ that you can't choose your seat online. So my question is when does your seat get assigned to you?

I've flown using southwestvacations.com but that's different since they don't reserve seats anyhow.

Just wondering as I don't want to sit by the bathrooms and the price is cheaper going this route then doing flight and hotel separate because of United promo code.

Thanks!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
25,975 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: United Vacations

Ive never used United Vacations but have used other airlines vacations and always can choose a seat. That doesnt sound right? Call and ask, even if you cant choose a seat when you book the package Id think you'd be able to go back in and then select a seat?

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
2,157 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: United Vacations

Never been United but we go USAirways Vacations and I always just call them after I book the trip and they assign the seats.

Gainesville...
Level Contributor
176 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: United Vacations

I'll call tomorrow if I can't get an answer on here tonight. I'm only referring to there FAQ online stating you can't select the seats online.

www.unitedvacations.com/support/faq.asp

Can I choose my airline seat online?

No, you cannot select your seat online at this time.

You would think from Washington Dulles there would be more airlines that fly direct to Las Vegas, but only United and Southwest do and unfortunately Southwest is not doing a direct flight during the time I'm going, and saw a good deal with United, just need to figure out the seating deal.

Birmingham, UK
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: United Vacations

hey...

We booked this years trip (for halloween) with untied vacations a coupla months ago... and did choose our seats at the time of the booking. Cant remember exactly how it worked, but it did !

5. Re: United Vacations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2010, 06:18