We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question about VP Bars in Vegas

Middletown, NJ
Level Contributor
125 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Question about VP Bars in Vegas

Do you get comped drinks at the VP bars in Vegas and are most of them still a quarter? Staying in Paris...is their VP bar still for a quarter and are the drinks still comped? Thanks.

Providence, Rhode...
Level Contributor
7,452 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Question about VP Bars in Vegas

yes and yes. (there are some hotel exceptions (Encore), but most are still quarter machines)

Edited: 17 June 2010, 11:19
not there
Level Contributor
650 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Question about VP Bars in Vegas

I like playing at Gustav's bar at Paris

Knoxville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
120 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Question about VP Bars in Vegas

Bellagio, Aria, and Wynn/Encore are $1 bartop video poker machines, pretty much everywhere else will be a quarter. Luxor strangely may be $1 bartop too, I think.

Ontario
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Question about VP Bars in Vegas

Most places are still comping drinks at the VP bars, but as mentioned don't expect to see it at Wynn or Encore. And I have heard a rumour that Bellagio is about to stop this practice as well.

That will be a SAD day!

Paris still comps and has quarter VP.

Middletown, NJ
Level Contributor
125 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Question about VP Bars in Vegas

OH, thanks all...love Gustav bar as well and glad to hear it is still a quarter and comped drinks

Marquette, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Michigan
Level Contributor
2,416 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Question about VP Bars in Vegas

Some of the VP bars won't comp unless you are playing max bet.

Omaha, Nebraska
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
8,392 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Question about VP Bars in Vegas

They say that...just be sure u play max when they r looking. (I am not trying to "get something for nothing"--I try to play the cycles of the machine which seems to work well--AND I have had TWO bartenders tell me--just b sure you are playing max when I'm looking!!!)

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
3,721 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Question about VP Bars in Vegas

Gustov's wlil give you some heat if you aren't playing max bet ($1.25/hand), but they also don't really care what speed you play in my experience, and if you're tipping regularly, they'll tend to not look at the screen.

Harrahs properties have been the most lenient as far as slow play / short play. Some MGM properties can be extremely strict, regardless of denomination -- we couldn't even get a Red Bull and Vodka at Centrifuge (MGM) comped playing $1 machines max bet for about twenty minutes. We finally got up and left.

Wynn and Encore are still the only ones who won't comp drinks. I've heard the rumor at Bellagio as well, but so far, nobody's reported any problems.

The best drinks we had comped were at Aria. $1 machines, but excellent bar staff.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
8,557 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Question about VP Bars in Vegas

The Atrium Bar at The Mirage does not comp either, but they do make an outstanding Bloody Mary.

10. Re: Question about VP Bars in Vegas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2010, 07:34