We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

October 2010, looking for good pool scene (details below)

Lincoln, NE
Level Contributor
116 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
October 2010, looking for good pool scene (details below)

Two couples in their early 30's planning a trip to Vegas the weekend of October 23rd. We want to stay where there's a good pool scene, but one that's not completely focused on the party. Swim-up bar or fairly reliable and quick drink service, not too difficult to find four loungers together (usually), got a good vibe but not out of control. Considering Paris, Monte Carlo, Treasure Island...any word on these as far as pool options go? Thanks for the advice.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
55,682 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: October 2010, looking for good pool scene (details below)

You're likely to be a bit too late for any real "pool scene" by October 23rd. It might be pool weather...or unfortunately it might not.

If hanging by the pool is a prime focus for your trip I would try to move things up a few weeks if possible.

Boston
Level Contributor
24,585 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: October 2010, looking for good pool scene (details below)

You won’t have a problem finding loungers at the end of Oct since some of the pools will be closed, the weather can dip into the 40's at night and into the high 60's during the day.

None of the pools will have a pool scene at this time of the year.

Paris pool will be open with seasonal times.

I would call and check Monty and TI to even see if the pools will be open

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
43,203 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: October 2010, looking for good pool scene (details below)

While your choices are in the same price range they are not top pool hotels. Of the 3, Monte Carlo is by far the best as far as pool scene. There is a DJ most afternoons and there is also a small wavepool and lazy river.

As mentioned, pool weather is not guaranteed. The good thing is that the pools will not be too crowded that time of year.

If you can bump your budget up just a little bit, take a look at Mirage or Manadalay Bay, which will probably provide the pool atmosphere you are looking for.

Omaha, Nebraska
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
8,392 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: October 2010, looking for good pool scene (details below)

If those are your 3 choices, MC has the nicest pool. There will be people at the pool unless it is very cool.

What about Mirage? VERY nice pool area.

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
43,203 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: October 2010, looking for good pool scene (details below)

I should have mentioned that we were at Monte Carlo, for I think 3 nights those dates last year. My wife did go out to the pool a couple of days, but could not swim as it was too cool and windy. There were others there just enjoying the sun, but no one was swimming.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,523 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: October 2010, looking for good pool scene (details below)

You won't really find a "swim-up bar" either. There is drink service and a place to walk up to but that will typically be about it. Swim-ups are usually associated with all-inclusive resorts in Mexico or the Caribbean.

Ohio
Level Contributor
6,135 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: October 2010, looking for good pool scene (details below)

Part of the problem is that most pools are not heated, you could days in the 80's but 40's at night which will cool off the pool water At best, you might get temps in the low 90's and 70 at night which can be perfect if you stay in the first half of October.

Boston
Level Contributor
24,585 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: October 2010, looking for good pool scene (details below)

" You won't really find a "swim-up bar" either. There is drink service and a place to walk up to but that will typically be about it. Swim-ups are usually associated with all-inclusive resorts in Mexico or the Caribbean."

Not true, there are some hotels that have swim up bars and BJ.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
11,278 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: October 2010, looking for good pool scene (details below)

Here's a website with some information on hotel pools in LV:

http://www.vegas.com/resorts/pools/

Jersey
Level Contributor
31,600 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: October 2010, looking for good pool scene (details below)

This site may also help:

www.lasvegasadvisor.com/showtable.cfm?id=24

Having been in Vegas at that time on many occasions, I can say that the weather may be iffy as far as swimming is concerned. Some years I was able to swim, some years I was only able to sunbathe/use Jacuzzi, while other years it was so cool/cloudy/windy I could do neither.