We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do with luggage for late flight home?

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
toronto
Level Contributor
382 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
What to do with luggage for late flight home?

DH and I are staying at the Bellagio in a few weeks. Our flight home doesn't leave until 11:30 p.m. Will the Bellagio store our luggage after check-out (for a fee?) so that we can still enjoy the day? Thanks.

Canada
Level Contributor
1,625 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do with luggage for late flight home?

They definitely will store your bag for you. Actually any hotel in Vegas, even if you're not staying there will store your bag for you.

There is no fee. Just give the person assisting you a fair tip. Some say a dollar or two per bag. Others suggest a bit more. It's up to you.

Edited: 24 June 2010, 22:42
Wilmington, Delaware
Level Contributor
1,741 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do with luggage for late flight home?

i would think they would. maybe call and ask them if they do that for guests. dont they hold your luggage for you if your rooms not ready yet. i think they do in ac

San Diego
Level Contributor
974 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: What to do with luggage for late flight home?

Fiddler is right, you can check your bags at the hotel bell desk, even if you aren't staying there. Just make sure to tip them. Usually they ask your name and give you a slip, then you hand them the slip when you return.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
2,332 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to do with luggage for late flight home?

Yeah you can check your bags pretty much anywhere, even consider this options for other cities you travel too. We often end up doing this in New York because of our early arrival times on the dreaded red eye flights.

Often I end up renting a car on the last day of trips too if I have a late flight. I just stash my bags in the trunk of course. This way we can check out some of the more distant 'attractions' which usually end up meaning shopping malls....

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
2,880 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What to do with luggage for late flight home?

I do this all the time, did this on my last trip in May as a matter of fact as I always take an evening flight home.

Just get your slip form the bell desk and then you can go do whatever until you are ready to leave, then come back and claim your luggage with the slip. As others have said, no fee for this but do make sure you tip the bell staff when they come out with your bags. I usually give them $5.00 (for two bags)

toronto
Level Contributor
382 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What to do with luggage for late flight home?

Thanks everyone for your help! I couldn't imagine lugging our bags around with us all day, especially in July.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
50,727 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What to do with luggage for late flight home?

Every hotel in the world will hold bags for you before or after checkout. OK, I haven't been to every hotel in the world. :)

But of those I've been to, it's never been an issue anywhere.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
10,839 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What to do with luggage for late flight home?

Although your question has been already been answered I'll just say that there must be an awful lot of people who don't know about leaving their bags at the bell desk because I've seen many people with their suitcases with them while sitting at a slot machine for hours. That, or they don't want to tip for the service. ;-0

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
375 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What to do with luggage for late flight home?

Call the bell desk and they will come get your bags and store them until you leave. As previous posters mentioned; just give the bellhop a tip

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
639 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What to do with luggage for late flight home?

I've never had a problem checking bags - maybe I'm paranoid, but I always take my wallet and travel documents with me though.