We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eating Dinner Buffet for Price of Lunch (Wynn & Bellagio)

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
us
Level Contributor
93 posts
Save Topic
Eating Dinner Buffet for Price of Lunch (Wynn & Bellagio)

I recently read an article on saving money in LV. One of the tips was to arrive late for lunch, pay the lunch price, and eat through dinner service. The author did mention that some hotels might not let you do this.

I was wonder if Wynn or Bellagio allows this practice. Do they close up before they switch over to dinner? Or do they just deny access for any person showing up late for lunch.

Thanks

Orange County
Level Contributor
1,159 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Eating Dinner Buffet for Price of Lunch (Wynn & Bellagio)

If I remember correctly Bellagio has a "down period" between Lunch and dinner..Wynn very well might also. Check their websites or call to see if they overlap in time or not. I know I have been able to get dinner at lunch price before..but it's been a few years. I'm pretty sure that Bellagio is very vigilant about these things even more so with Friday/Saturday night with the bump in price for the Gourmet dinner buffet.

Oak Creek, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,012 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Eating Dinner Buffet for Price of Lunch (Wynn & Bellagio)

According to the Bellagio website, there is no downtime between breakfast and lunch or lunch and dinner. And we have definitely abused the breakfast to lunch transition a time or three. I say try it and see...

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
6,574 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Eating Dinner Buffet for Price of Lunch (Wynn & Bellagio)

I prefer lunch and my husband prefers breakfast- it might be an 'abuse' so to speak but for us it's not really about costs. Brunch if available or a late breakfast into lunch works best for us.

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Eating Dinner Buffet for Price of Lunch (Wynn & Bellagio)

The Bellagio does not have "down time" between lunch and dinner. We arrived at 3:40pm on a Friday in April 2010 and were there during the transition from lunch to dinner. Paid lunch price but we enjoyed items from the dinner buffet. Hope that helps!

South Pacific
Level Contributor
4,284 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Eating Dinner Buffet for Price of Lunch (Wynn & Bellagio)

We've been doing this great idea at the Wynn for quite a few years now!! The last time was a few months ago. No down period at all. We used to do it at the Bellagio too and there was no down period, then there was, then there wasn't, then there was, and the last time we went, there wasn't. Unfortunately, just like with EVERYTHING in Vegas, things are always changing!! So it might be best to just go and see or give them a call.

us
Level Contributor
93 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Eating Dinner Buffet for Price of Lunch (Wynn & Bellagio)

Thanks all for the great info. Looking forward to trying the 2 buffets!

Vermont
Level Contributor
4,069 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Eating Dinner Buffet for Price of Lunch (Wynn & Bellagio)

If they do have a "down time" just hide under one of the tables until they open for dinner.

If someone catches you, just tell them that you lost a contact lens.

Mullica Hill, New...
Level Contributor
6,403 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Eating Dinner Buffet for Price of Lunch (Wynn & Bellagio)

Or hang out in the bathroom (if there's one in the buffet). Bring a newspaper.

Of course, it's a great idea, but it won't work. Waitress will be looking for that receipt on the table...and either you'd have a receipt that's already marked (as in, you have already been seen by a server) or you simply won't have a receipt!

CT
6 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Eating Dinner Buffet for Price of Lunch (Wynn & Bellagio)

This is a great idea and a wonderful way to try the Wynn buffet for the first time. Do they serve the dinner items immediately at the change-over or do they hold off on serving them right away?

San Diego
Level Contributor
5,091 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Eating Dinner Buffet for Price of Lunch (Wynn & Bellagio)

I dont know why but I would never do this. Its a cheapskate thing to do all the way.

I would rather wait until later and pay more rather then to be thought of as a cheapskate by the staff. And you will be thought of that way, they see it everyday, they arent blind.

Not to insult anyone but thats just how I feel.