We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Rental Deals

Peachland, Canada
Level Contributor
104 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Car Rental Deals

Coming to Vegas July 2-6th and want to rent a car for four people. I am looking for a great rate...I am all about the deal. My credit card comes with insurance so that is not a concern. Thanks in advance.

Special Offer
Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour with...
6,549 reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
5,006 reviews
from US$142.99*
US$224.90
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Skywalk Skip-the-Line...
385 reviews
from US$499.99*
US$541.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Helicopter Tour...
565 reviews
from US$369.99*
US$479.00
Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
2,606 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Rental Deals

I'm loyal to Dollar but looked at Hotwire.com and it is considerably lower.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
2,401 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Rental Deals

Hotwire or priceline have the best deals I have seen.

Milwaukee
Level Contributor
598 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Rental Deals

Try carentalsavers.com They have coupons for most of the agencies. Plus if you have an entertainment book, you can sometimes combine them. Alamo had a deal for the weekends, so check out their specials.

Rosemount, Minnesota
Level Contributor
131 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car Rental Deals

Mandmgirl4 I am there the exact timeframe, 2nd-6th and booked a Standard car (Pontiac G6 or similar) through Alamo for $76.73 total. I booked it 6 days ago. I've also been looking for the past month and checking nearly daily and have had 2 other reservations, one through Thrifty and Alamo that I have since canceled as they were both higher.

I used a coupon for a free upgrade and an i.d. code that gave me 10% off.

I regularly checked hotwire, expedia, travelocity, carrentals.com but found the best deal directly on alamo.com

good luck and see ya there ;)

Peachland, Canada
Level Contributor
104 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car Rental Deals

Wow! That is a great deal punko!!!! I decided to look last min as we just decided to rent a car. I like that car rental site but wow it is confusing! We are paying 169 for a 2 car upgrade thru payless. It will be split with another couple so that is not bad. See yah there...it will be a blast to say the least. Thanks for your reply.

Peachland, Canada
Level Contributor
104 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Car Rental Deals

Dollar or Payless....Dollar is cheaper for this particular car now. I guess I will have to cancel Payless if Dollar is a better place to rent.

Are these car rental places pretty much the same?

Are there more surprise charges involved than the total they give you?

Lots of little taxes already! This car rental research is killing me.

Thanks for your relies.

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
10,934 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Car Rental Deals

If you get a price that includes taxes that will be your final price, unless you need to buy insurance. Insurance is very expensive from car rental companies, so if you are covered on your regular policy, which many people are, don't let them talk you into paying for extra insurance.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
2,805 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Car Rental Deals

I have always had the best discounts through Alamo. Last time I found out the rental codes for Alamo at Carrentalsavers.com. When I went directly to the Alamo website, I was able to combine a $30.00 weekly rental code with an American Express code, scoring an suv for $136.00 a week - all taxes included (that was a base price of less than $10.00 a day). Good luck!

Peachland, Canada
Level Contributor
104 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Car Rental Deals

Oh thanks....I have extra insurance in BC Canada called Road Star and that covers rentals outside of Canada.

When they say you get a Dodge Charger or similar, is there anything I need to worry about? I hate bate and switch tactics!

10. Re: Car Rental Deals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 December 2010, 05:18