We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

So upset..Gambled my package price and lost

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Beverly...
Level Contributor
278 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
So upset..Gambled my package price and lost

Hi,

I have been waiting for weeks to book my trip though Southwest Vacations for Aug 29-Sept 1. I finally saved up all the money I need and didn't the darn rates go up $150. I wanted to book by Thursday to take advantage of the free CDS tickets through the MGM properties.

MAybe somthing will come up in the next 48 hours.

Alaska
Level Contributor
787 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: So upset..Gambled my package price and lost

Oh, I'm sorry that happened. Cross your fingers and keep looking.

I was waiting for airline miles to pool up in my account to use for my Nov/Dec Vegas trip. By the time I had enough for the lower mileage ticket, it went up another 7,500 miles. Usually not a big deal when I travel by myself because I just adjust the dates, but this trip I'm traveling down with friends and had to get specific flights. I ended up using some miles to reduce the cost of the ticket I purchased. Very expensive, I'm still annoyed.

OKC
Level Contributor
770 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: So upset..Gambled my package price and lost

i don't know where you live but cheak out allegiant air

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
2,233 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: So upset..Gambled my package price and lost

Ouch, that blows. I'd check out all the sites. An easy site to use is kayak.com, may want to see what you can come up with. Don't give up!;p

Topeka, Kansas
Level Contributor
18,510 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: So upset..Gambled my package price and lost

You may want to cough up the extra cash if you REALLY want and have planned to go at this time...I saw a rate last Feb (air only) on SWA and didn't book it at that time. The rest is history...the rates only went up, and we never got a DING that offered a lower fare, so we ended up driving :(

Jersey
Level Contributor
31,600 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: So upset..Gambled my package price and lost

I am sorry that happened to you. I don't buy vacation packages to Vegas, but it is always tough to decide when to buy those airline tickets. I try not to look back once I bought the tickets because at times the price has gone down.

Good luck!

Malibu
Level Contributor
10,983 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: So upset..Gambled my package price and lost

I'm with my favorite Ducky.

Rosemount, Minnesota
Level Contributor
131 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: So upset..Gambled my package price and lost

That's a bad omen if you gambled and lost BEFORE even making it to Vegas! Bad Joo-joo!

Canada
Level Contributor
1,625 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: So upset..Gambled my package price and lost

I feel your pain. Going through the same thing right now. I gave up and paid the extra and booked anyway. That was a few days ago and now when I check I see the price has gone up another $200.

Belvidere, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Family Travel
Level Contributor
1,221 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: So upset..Gambled my package price and lost

Same old song here. Going to LV with my sis for her 40th. She booked her ticket while I was on vacation so I had to book mine for the same dates. And damn if I didn't have to pay $445. That is the most I have ever paid for a plane ticket to LV in the 16 yrs I have been going. Ridiculous!!

Jersey
Level Contributor
31,600 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: So upset..Gambled my package price and lost

The airline tickets from EWR to LAS are running double or triple what I have usually paid- and I have been going to Vegas for 19 years.