We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Encore Experience

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
austin, tx
Level Contributor
134 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Encore Experience

Heading out for my birthday next week...the big 50!

Promo for the Encore gets me pretyy good rates, ut we usually stay at Venetian, so this is unknown territory.

Does Encore have a good pool? Anyone stayed in the tower suites? Is Garth Brooks a good bet for a show? Anyone eaten at the restaurant SInatra?

Tell me somethin!!!

Lawrenceburg...
Level Contributor
1,803 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Encore Experience

I just returned from my first stay at the Encore. Other than the location I give it 5 stars. It is one of the best properties on the strip. Do a search under hotels, read the reviews, do the same for the restaurants. You'll find plenty of info. The pool area is very nice and relaxing.

Happy birthday!

Grand Junction...
Level Contributor
2,121 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Encore Experience

Getting Garth Brooks' tickets is a little tough. I understand you can stand in line for hours the day of the show and hope that they have tickets left from people who did not pick up their tickets. He is suppose to be fantastic!

Oakland, California
Level Contributor
260 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Encore Experience

I stayed at Encore over Memorial Day weekend and was pleasantly surprised. I had expected a stuffy hotel, but the service was excellent and the pool was a lot of fun.

The Encore pool is on the small side, but there is an adjoining adult only/European pool that has a live DJ on the weekends. Also, if you stay at the Encore you can use the Wynn pool (but not vice versa).

Happy 50th!

Texas
Level Contributor
247 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Encore Experience

I also stayed there for the first time a couple of weeks ago. I loved the room and enjoyed the European pool. We thought the main pool looked a little plain and the seating looked crowded together (it was a Tues, and the pool was not that crowded), so we checked out the European pool, which looked more inviting, with the chairs spread out in smaller groupings, daybeds and cushioned poolside loungers (reserved) and the pool curving around the pool bar/gaming area. When we were there, there were only 2 topless ladies, and they were in the pool keeping 'covered' by the water. The reserved signs were removed from from the daybeds and cushioned pool loungers in the late afternoon.

Since you usually stay at the Venetian, of course you are familiar with the Encore's location, which is also my only negative. We really enjoyed our stay there, It's just a little too far North on the strip for us.

San Fernando...
Level Contributor
917 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Encore Experience

I've stayed on the tower side and really liked the feeling of being in a secluded hotel. I *think* there are only 8 tower rooms & suites per floor (could be wrong), and only encountered other guests on our floor once. Could not walk through the lobby without at least two employees asking if everything was ok or if we needed anything.

Did not eat at Sinatra, did not see Brooks, but it is a great hotel.

6. Re: Encore Experience

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 December 2010, 07:18