We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

July Edition Champagne Mega Week July 10th to 15th

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cornwall, New York
Level Contributor
7,530 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
July Edition Champagne Mega Week July 10th to 15th

The time is getting closer and everyone is getting anxious for their trip to Vegas. Every TA member is welcome and encouraged to join in for the Summer Champagne Mega fun. There will be a variety of activities offered, some official others unofficial from Happy Hours, buffets, dinners, late night slots, pub crawl , bingo, show, blackjack, roulette and craps at the El Cortez. Also Fremont St. Experience is hosting the Summer of 70 Festivities again this year after the success of last year’s Summer of 69. vegasnews.com/24442/fremont-street-experienc… Here are the official events:

July 10th - Happy Hour at the Triple George Sidebar at 6:00 pm, and dinner at 7:00 pm Saturday night. This is a sign up event so please let VegasVarment know how many of you will be joining so there will be enough 2 for 1 coupons. This is a first for many of us. http://www.triplegeorgegrill.com/dining.html

July 11th – Official start of our Mega, Champagne Brunch at Main Street Station at 1:30 pm. 2 for 1 coupons can be printed at www.vegasexperience.com/coupons Just put your personal email address as the user ID and the password for everyone is realvegas. There are other coupons available on that sheet as well. The 1:15 pm gathering place will be at the players club booth where you can exchange the coupons for vouchers and if you’re not a member of BConnected, you will need to get a card.

Sunday night we will be gathering at the Firefly in the Plaza for Happy Hour from 5 to 7 and of course some tapas. The MRB coupon book as a coupon for Buy 2 get 2 free tapas, what a bargain! The stuffed dates are a must and so are the mojitos and sangria. Many will venture upstairs to Bingo following Happy Hour.

July 12th – Monday, 8-1 PM, there will be a Cabana Day at Caesars Palace and check in with the Security Officer at Palace Tower. Kidkind will let them know he is expecting "drop in" guests. Just tell them you are from Trip Advisor.

Monday evening by popular demand will be dinner at the Flame in the El Cortez at 8:00pm. www.ecvegas.com/menus/EC-FlameMenu-Oct09.pdf The Elco has a fantastic 2 for 1 martini happy hour from 5 to 7 so we will be meeting at the piano bar just outside the Flame before dinner. Half off coupons are available in the ACG and MRB books for dinner. Reservations will be needed to please let Sheila (Supershe) know if you are attending. They have wonderful food and service with a smile!

July 13th – Field trip to the M Resort is planned for lunch buffet. We will be meeting up at 10:30 outside of the Golden Nugget so transportation can be arranged by those of us who will be driving. Please rsvp to me if you are planning to go. For those that plan to meet us at the M, lunch is planned for noon.

Then the 2nd, Cabana Day at Caesars Palace from 2 to 7 pm, check in with the Security Officer at Palace Tower. Kidkind will let them know he is expecting "drop in" guests. Just tell them you are from Trip Advisor

Later that evening will be the Pub Crawl hosted by Kat and Vegasvarment. We will meet at Micki Finnz on Fremont Street at 6:00 pm. Tuesdays they have 2 for 1 burgers or tacos all day long. We will be visiting the Western, Downtown Cocktail Lounge, Don’t Tell Mama, The Griffin and who knows where else!

July 14th – Official Mega Day – This year’s official Mega will be held at the Chart House Bar from 3 to 6 in the Golden Nugget, thank you Sheila for making the arrangements. Last year the Mega was held at the Golden Nugget and they couldn’t have been more hospitable. Here’s the happy hour menu. www.chart-house.com/pdf/happyHour/CHLV.pdf This is a great chance to meet up with people you’ve been chatting with here on the forum. Who knows, we could end up at Gold Diggers later on. Please rsvp to Sheila if you are planning to attend.

We do need a headcount, so if you are not already on the list, please pm Sheila.

Also, we will be having a gift exchange. Please bring a gift from your hometown or home state to exchange. The value is not to exceed $5.00

July 15th – End of the official Mega. Chachachio is hosting a breakfast at Hash House A Go Go in the Imperial Palace at 9:30 am before leaving Vegas. Please contact her if you plan to attend. http://www.hashhouseagogo.com/menu/

Well, that concludes this year’s events. I sincerely hope that everyone has a blast and have a cocktail or two (or more) for me and most of all don’t forget to look for the ladies wearing gold hats and some on red scooters!

Cornwall, New York
Level Contributor
7,530 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: July Edition Champagne Mega Week July 10th to 15th

Here's the first countdown fo the new month:

3 days until Sun 7/4 and the arrival of sister_dino

6 days until Wed 7/7 and the arrival of Izzy_Rosa, Supershe, VV

8 days until Fri. 7/9 and the arrival of kidkind, miss_ireland

9 days until Sat 7/10 Dinner at Triple George and the arrival of Benny, Katnjo

10 days until Sun 7/11 Champagne Brunch day and the arrival of Chac, Acsmacan, Oxy, Mrs. Oxy (Pookie), LaketimeAZ

11 days until Mon 7/12- Flame Dinner & Splash Contest, Cabana Day #1at Caesars' Palace, Check with Palace Tower Security 8 am to 1 pm and the arrival of Jason7772

12 days until Tues 7/13 - M Buffet, Cabana Day 2 at Caesars Palace, Check in with Palace Tower Security 2 pm to 7 pm & Pub Crawl

13 days until Wed 7/14 - Mega Day

14 days until Thurs 7/15- Breakfast at IP's Hash House a go go

Acton, Canada
Level Contributor
11,585 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: July Edition Champagne Mega Week July 10th to 15th

Woo Hoo new Megas thread! thanks for the countdown Marge!

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
1,796 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: July Edition Champagne Mega Week July 10th to 15th

Wwwhhhhaaaaaa!! I wanna gooooooo! *cries*

Hotlando, Fl
Level Contributor
9,198 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: July Edition Champagne Mega Week July 10th to 15th

Yay Marge, thanks for the July thread! Woo Hoo!

Cornwall, New York
Level Contributor
7,530 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: July Edition Champagne Mega Week July 10th to 15th

BA, so do I, but I can't :(

Hotlando, Fl
Level Contributor
9,198 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: July Edition Champagne Mega Week July 10th to 15th

This is the first one that both of you will miss. :(

Benezette...
Level Contributor
5,264 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: July Edition Champagne Mega Week July 10th to 15th

WHOOHOOO!!!

Nine days from today, Syl and I should hit the ground running before noon.

First stop after dropping our luggage is Fremont Buffet. This is a tradition that I plan on always having. Hopefully VV, SS, and few Mega newbies will join us in our $6 welcome Champagne Brunch.

Benny

Tavares, Florida
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
6,124 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: July Edition Champagne Mega Week July 10th to 15th

First one I have missed too =( Wishing everyone lots of luck and new memories!!!

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
1,796 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: July Edition Champagne Mega Week July 10th to 15th

Marge and I need cardboard cut-outs, like Low, so we can be at the events and in pictures. LOL

Palma de Mallorca...
Level Contributor
163 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: July Edition Champagne Mega Week July 10th to 15th

You lucky people?!

Wish I could be there, sounds like a blast.

Hope you all have a fantastic time......On reflection, I know you will !