We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cirque Du Soleil

melbourne, australia
Level Contributor
39 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Cirque Du Soleil

Hi,

Am going to be in Vegas 1st week of October...would like to catch a Cirque Du Soleil show (heard such good things about them) but there are appear to be a number of shows.

Which show do you think is the best to go see?

Boston
Level Contributor
24,585 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cirque Du Soleil

For a first timer I would suggest either Mystere or O with Love being third on my list.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
11,278 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cirque Du Soleil

You're going to receive many opinions on this one, or you can type something like "Favorite Cirque du Soleil Show" into the search box to read years of opinions, lol.

My favorite is 'O'. I love the haunting music of the show, and I love ballet. Next favorite is 'Love', however it is more a clever musical. Many like 'Mystere' the best for its wow moments. 'Mystere' is my least favorite of the three that I've seen so far. The wow moments weren't in the performance I attended--those performers must have been out sick, :-) Three very different types of CdS shows. Again, many are going to have differing opinions than mine. I think it's best to watch some clips of the various shows on youtube and see which type suits you the best.

Jersey
Level Contributor
31,600 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Cirque Du Soleil

My favorites remain Love (fantastic in every way, with the emphasis on the music and not the acrobatic feats) and Mystere ( I still think it has the best/most WOW moments). I thought O was fine- just not as good as the other two. I didn't like Ka at all- the stage was great, but the show itself did not hold my interest.

Midland, TX
Level Contributor
2,292 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cirque Du Soleil

I've seen most of them, and I think you should see O. LOVE, if not O. Mystere would be my next pick followed by Elvis, then Zumanity. They are all good. Le Reve is good, too. It's a little different but along the same lines.

5. Re: Cirque Du Soleil

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 19 July 2010, 00:05
Hastings, United...
Level Contributor
426 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cirque Du Soleil

My vote would be for Love, but then I love Beatles music so I guess it would appeal to me! There was a lot of different elements to the show which kept my attention.

Last year we saw O and as I enjoyed Love so much I was wary, but I really enjoyed it too!!

I would love to see Elvis when we go back this year, but again I love his music!!

Enjoy whichever show you decide on!

Rosemount, Minnesota
Level Contributor
131 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cirque Du Soleil

I just saw KA and it was horrible. You can do no wrong with O, in my opinion, the best far and away.

San Diego, CA
Level Contributor
610 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cirque Du Soleil

Le Reve!!!!! IMO, better than O; excellent in and out of water performance.

SOUTHERN OHIO
Level Contributor
931 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cirque Du Soleil

nmaria - wben I went to your link they asked for a promo code. Do you know what the code is?

Thanks

calleefoneeya
Level Contributor
3,983 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cirque Du Soleil

I actually like KA, a lot, second only to Love.

Different strokes I guess.

Love is more about the music than the acrobatics. If you're a Beatles fan, it is a no brainer IMO.

I liked "O." It was my first CdS show, but I thought KA was more awe-inspiring, Mystere more engaging, and Love more fun. L' Reve, is not technically a CdS show, but it is the same idea, and also enjoyable.