We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buffets...family feud?

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
michigan
Level Contributor
227 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Buffets...family feud?

My husband and I are at odds...We will be in LV in Nov and on strip for 2 nights. We have each heard RAVE reviews about the buffets at Mandalay Bay and Rio. Opinions?

yourstarla
Level Contributor
11,241 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buffets...family feud?

Of those? Mandalay Bay IMO. I wouldn't take the time to go off Strip just to eat at the Rio buffet.

If you're looking for the best buffet you should try the Wynn.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
448 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buffets...family feud?

It depends where you are staying, if you are staying mid or north strip the rio is much closer than Mandalay bay. Neither buffet is anything special. As mention above try Wynn ...or bellagio ... Or for a mid price option spice market at planet Hollywood. All are better than mb or rio.

Calabasas...
Level Contributor
590 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buffets...family feud?

We tried MB the last time we were in Vegas. We were very disappointed. It was not very good. Try Wynn, Bellagio or Mirage. These are all MUCH better than Mandalay Bay or Rio.

South Pacific
Level Contributor
4,284 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Buffets...family feud?

Well what do you mean you and your hubby are at odds?? He wants Rio and you want MB or vice versa?? It also depends which buffet at the Rio you're talking about because they have 2 there.

OKC
Level Contributor
770 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Buffets...family feud?

For 34.00 you can get the harrah's buffet deal which includes the Rio. For that one price you can eat at all 7 harrahs prop in a 24 hour period as many times you want. Thats Rio, harrahs, planet hollywood, Flamingo, ceasars palace, paris, and Imperial Palace. The Imperial Palace skip that one at all cost.

Shelby Township...
Destination Expert
for Paradise
Level Contributor
2,337 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Buffets...family feud?

Search Trip Advisor for reviews and ratings of the two buffets. The one with the highest ratings wins.

michigan
Level Contributor
227 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Buffets...family feud?

To clarify...my hubby says he has heard the Rio is the best buffett....I have read on here the Mandalay Bay is the best. I have read all the TA postings and that is why I am confused. However after reading the postings here I am wondering..Wynn...Bellagio??? I really don't like the atmosphere at the Wynn...any opinions.

While we are at it...we are going to be in for Thanksgiving...Tues- Sun. We are planning on staying a couple of nights in Vegas (on or close to strip) then we are going to be venturing out. We are looking into possibly buying a condo...Mesquite, St. George, Laughlin....

Any suggestions for a couple of nights? We have stayed at Luxor..Too dim...

Venitian....very nice but want to stay cheaper....MGM TOO MANY PEOPLE. I have heard Orleans is nice...again hubby says Rio has great suites.

Any suggestions for areas to look for condo?

Oak Lawn, Illinois
Level Contributor
233 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Buffets...family feud?

I spent 2 hours walking around the Venetian last February looking for the buffet. It must be on the Pallazzo side because I never found it. The good part is that I won $800 on a red , white and blue slot machine while sitting down to take a rest and got a lot of strong free drinks...

Dang big hotels....

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
3,374 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Buffets...family feud?

I agree that you should try the Bellagio or Wynn buffets over Mandalya Bay or the Rio.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
14,761 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Buffets...family feud?

I would challenge him to a game of rock, paper, scissors and whoever wins get to pick. Here are the rules:

www.google.com/imgres…