We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pookies Champagne Mega TR

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Acton, Canada
Level Contributor
11,585 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Pookies Champagne Mega TR

http://pookaloki.shutterfly.com/3154

Here are the pics, I haven't labeled them all... yet!

Will post the rest as replies

Acton, Canada
Level Contributor
11,585 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pookies Champagne Mega TR

Ok Saturday I got my boarding pass from SWA, I opted for the early boarding, got A32, well worth the money IMO, Both times I had to check in I was not near a computer, I love getting a window seat upfront!

Sunday 5 am, Oxy called to make sure my butt was up and outta bed (5am and i do NOT get along!), Got to DEN check my bag, easy flight in.. Lots of beautiful sites going to Vegas, I had a free drink coupon, so I got a glass of wine, made me a bit tipsy! A nice way to get to Vegas! I even snapped a few pics of Vegas flying in!! I sat on the right side of the plane(while sitting), so I had a strip and downtown view. Once I landed I went to get my bag, it came fast! Woot woot!! Now I had to wait, my love Oxy came in about an hour after I did , so I found a seat in baggage claim and people watched, listed to people complain about the heat!! Lolz welcome to Vegas in July!

Oxy came in 10 minutes late, I saw him comin down the downscilators and was greeted with e big hug and kiss!! (awwww), waited a few for his freshly pained bag and we were off to get our rental car! :)

We got a Chevy (full size), a white one, not many dings, but good ac!! :)

We took the highway to our home away from home, GOLDEN NUGGET here we come!! :) We had booked the Rush Tower and so we valeted at the Rush tower, get in line, maybe 4 people ahead of us. We waited and we we got up to check in, the lady was in training, and slower than normal, we were told the Rush tower was sold out, Oxy had the Landrys card, so we were to get an upgrade! Sweet!!! We tried listening (evesdropping is more like it), to how they do upgrades with the Landrys card..

Ok 1. DO book the regular rate, no promos, we booked the regular rate at the rush tower cheap, the promos never made it cheaper)

2. if available they will upgrade you, we got HUGE upgrade to a parlor suite!!

I know they gave us a choice or room types, we chose simply the biggun! ;)

We make out way to the Gold tower 10th floor please!

we open our door (one of two), to a BIG Parlor suite! Please look at the pics, but it was roughly the size of two rooms, it had a bar, the parlor, with a dining table, tow bathrooms a vanity and closet. One bathroom had a big shower the other had a jetted tub! After snappin some pics, we headed off to Main Street Station for our 1st M&G , the Champagne Brunch!

We got there and 1st thing I see, a Loverly gold hat! Benny, with Syl!!! :) I Met Katnjo, Vegas Varment while waiting for the rest! We hang around for a few and wait for more of our group, we see Shila, and I getta meet KidKind!! What a great group! While in line Chach joins up with us, everyone yuk yukin about their wins and losses!

The meal was very good, plenty of choices and even enjoyed a bit of champagne.Oxy and I shared a bunch of desserts, we all left feelin plenty full, and geared up for a great trip!!

next stop, ABC, for vodka and water bottles, and juice. We then headed up to the room, we had been dieing to get int hat pool!! Woo hoo!!! On the way i HAD to play my Nickelodeon slots, right by the pool area, nearest the rush tower. it gave me 12.05! Yeeeees I was Up!!!!

The Tank was stuffed that day, too many freakin kids, even in the hot tub, IMO if you need arm floaties in the hot tub, youa re too little.. Oh yea, running and jumping into a hit tub, not wise.. we bounced pretty fast that day!

We went up to shower and get ready for the next meet up, I loved the room but the water pressure is less than good, but we did discover that the bathroom with the jetted tub had better so we switched to that one! Lol

We were to to meet up at the Firefly, and meet our secret surprise... Who could it be???????? I love the Firefly, good food and drinks, decent prices too! All combined with a kick butt view, I'm a happy girl! The whole gang is there, but still no mystery guest.... so we do what we do best.. eat and drink! I ordered the flyhigh cosmo, always a good choice! Oxy ordered an infused vodka, he loved it! Then our of the corner of my eye WHO do I see???? Its my buddy.. Chi!!! We kinda suspected .. but no one knew for sure!!! ;) After many hugs, we snapped some pics and then more and more people showed up!! Nice M&G! We did order some food, I HAD to have some stuffed dates, they make my mouth so very happy! :)

More comin up!

Los Gatos...
Level Contributor
24,950 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pookies Champagne Mega TR

lol, see, even Pook can't find which thread to post on!!!!

Acton, Canada
Level Contributor
11,585 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pookies Champagne Mega TR

Lol i didn't see it did it twice! gotta love my crappy internet!

Los Gatos...
Level Contributor
24,950 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pookies Champagne Mega TR

Nice upgrade to a Parlor Suite! And Firefly will always make me drool!!!!

Nice surprise to the gentlemanly and funny ChiTown!!!

Acton, Canada
Level Contributor
11,585 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pookies Champagne Mega TR

Ok, so after a few martinis we were feelin pretty happy.... tipsy... whatever... so we wanted to check out chi's Plaza room, in the south tower. So away we went! Now we also wanted to see the pool, now I dunno where we went but it was int he North tower and it was farkin HOT! no ac on the closed floors.. ewwwwww, couldn't find our way in until we go to the other tower, I actually liked the pool area there, its on the roff, looked clean, had cabanas and a bar... not bad at all!! I even put my tootsies in the water! After that we checked out his room, he was up high and had a kickin view of the pool and lookin north toward FSE! The room is old and dated, but not scary!

Now we needed to check out a few locals haunts, so we stopped by the Gn, so I could switch shoes, no way I'm walkin far in hurty shoes! We head East on Fremont, past the canopy, past the Elco and mett up with a few bicycle cops, who let us know, no open conatiners and ummmm ya know where you're headed??? lol yes, we know the score....

Into the Atomic we go! Yes Chi's framed plaque is still handin, we sit at the bar , the keeper says what can I get ya, after Chi splains a bit, he buys the house a round! Nice!!! Next thing I know an old lady missin some teeth come us to me and Oxy and congratulates us on gettin married.. Lol chi said it's a soiled dove.. um how can ya tell, just my talkin, and not about .. um that????? lolz

Chi gives me a few bucks and says to start up that juke box! Now att his point I am blitzed, reading is a chore.. so I literally have to focus, just to read.. I pick a few songs, the 1st one.. played proplerly, the rest palyed about the 1st minute of the song.. I thought it was the booze messin with me.. nope the thing is busted!! Oh well.. we bail on the atomic and pop in the Western.. Um I'm not feelin well... So Oxy quicky gets me back to the Gn... I think he said we were in bed by 10:30.. how sad! I was partied out!!!!

Day Two comin up!

Los Gatos...
Level Contributor
24,950 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pookies Champagne Mega TR

lol, I'm blaming the blitzed Pook for the one minute songs!!!!

Shag Harbour, Canada
Level Contributor
5,276 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pookies Champagne Mega TR

I just had hot coffee shoot up through my nose when I read " they make my mouth so very happy! :)

continue ;)

New York
Level Contributor
5,520 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pookies Champagne Mega TR

ok so we have to follow you on this thread. LOL Oxy your avatar is freaking me out. It reminds me of the little doll with the teeth in the movie Trilogy of Terror. You know the doll she threw in the oven. CLASSIC.

Los Gatos...
Level Contributor
24,950 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Pookies Champagne Mega TR

That was one scarey third of the trilogy Shaunna....

Oxy, looks like a Terminator thingy....

But glad liquids are free flowing thru you, lmaooo

Shag Harbour, Canada
Level Contributor
5,276 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Pookies Champagne Mega TR

You forgot to mention that Chi walked us back to the GN and said our Goodbyes. So little time with him, a bummer.

Btw, my avatar is a pic of my most fav bands mascot. I am eagerly awaiting their new album.