We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

drive or walk

Venice, Italy
Level Contributor
80 posts
Save Topic
drive or walk

If I accommodation to hard rock, I can walk to the strip? Or is it too long or dangerous?

SGF, MO
Level Contributor
7,269 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: drive or walk

It is a long walk but certainly doable. A cab will be about $7.

Midland, TX
Level Contributor
2,292 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: drive or walk

It would be too far for me. I think it would be too far for most people, plus there would be heavy traffic. It's pretty far off the strip. You could easily get a taxi to the strip though.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
25,501 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: drive or walk

What does heavy traffic have to do with walking?

I agree its much easier to just take a cab, but traffic is of no concern while walking on the sidewalk down Harmon to the strip.

SGF, MO
Level Contributor
7,269 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: drive or walk

Exactly...

Try it. If it is too far for you, take a cab back. It's not like you have to make a commitment round-trip...

calleefoneeya
Level Contributor
3,983 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: drive or walk

It's a bit of a walk. I've done it. It isn't the nicest neighborhood, but I didn't feel unsafe during the day. If you're going any time soon, I'd take a cab in this weather.

San Diego
Level Contributor
5,130 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: drive or walk

Here is how you tell.

When you get to the hard rock spend all day drinking, then walk to the strip in the heat and see how you like it.

It will make the cab ride look a whole lot better.

Springfield, MN
Level Contributor
261 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: drive or walk

I would walk because I like walking. It is a ways and it would be hot at this time of year. 111 degrees today.

Eau Claire...
Level Contributor
25 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: drive or walk

If I was staying at the Hard Rock, I would rent a car. Drive to the strip, the Palms, or where ever during the day. Park it and then take a cab at night. A car is cheap and easy to have in Las Vegas. Valet is everywhere and parking is free.

9. Re: drive or walk

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 January 2011, 06:23