We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rapid Craps locations

Long Island
Level Contributor
216 posts
Save Topic
Rapid Craps locations

Are there Rapid Craps tables anywhere other than Bill's currently? I normally avoid craps tables, but would love to give this a try. But I think the wife has an aversion to Bills.

Special Offer
Las Vegas to Grand Canyon Helicopter...
6,622 Reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam from Las...
5,110 Reviews
from US$142.99*
US$224.90
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Skywalk Skip-the-Line...
403 Reviews
from US$529.99*
US$541.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Helicopter and...
914 Reviews
from US$598.99*
US$650.00
Ohio
Level Contributor
3,040 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Rapid Craps locations

Rapid craps---- it just makes me laugh--- !!! Sorry no help,, but it IS funny !

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
347 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rapid Craps locations

Only 1 is at Bill....period....

Long Island
Level Contributor
216 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Rapid Craps locations

I guess I should have been clear and mentioned that I'm looking for the game, not the hotel with the bathrooms closest to the entrance. Though that actually would be useful information too.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
8,239 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Rapid Craps locations

Apparently even the one in Bill's is there as a sort of field test. The reviews online make it sound like a lot of fun, especially for beginners. I hope it's still in place at the end of August when we go.

Bremen, IN
Level Contributor
256 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rapid Craps locations

I played it in June at Bill's. It was very busy and everyone seemed to be having a lot of fun. You still have a live shooter and real dealers. The only real difference is you make your wagers on a screen instead of using real chips. For a beginner that can get intimidated by not knowing exactly how to play this is a great option. The screen won't let you do anything wrong.

Mr. K

Virginia
Level Contributor
1,576 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rapid Craps locations

If they still need dealers and shooters, what's the point?

I hate the rapid roulette. It goes so fast that I can't get my money down quick enough... makes me really stressed out.

San Antonio, Tx
Level Contributor
1,465 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rapid Craps locations

Are the payouts the same as a live table?

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
5,117 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rapid Craps locations

The payouts are the same. It was 3x4x5x odds and the normal returns for the hardways, etc. $3 minimum during the week, even at night.

I've played it a couple times and won, but it doesn't have the atmosphere of a regular table. The best thing about it is that it pays exact amounts on odds bets even if you don't put the right bet up and end up with a return of $3.75. When you cash out with an odd amount, the dealer rounds up to the next nickel.

Despite the name, it isn't particularly rapid. Since it's new, there is a lot of fumbling around between rolls, with the dealer and often a pit boss helping players make bets.

It's a good way to get into playing craps for a complete newbie, but won't be much fun for an experienced player.

Indiana
Level Contributor
104 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rapid Craps locations

I played in March and it was fun but as others have said, it's just not the same. If you're really tired, it's nice to be able to sit down and play craps so I guess that's one advantage. I also felt more comfortable making some of the "middle" bets on the screen - I'm still not up on my craps lingo to tell the dealers what bets I want.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
3,353 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Rapid Craps locations

I'm curious: What makes rapid craps good for beginners? When I was new to craps and didn't understand all the different ways to bet and how they worked, I asked the dealers. And when I made mistakes -- maybe trying to put an odd amount on a bet that pays 3:2 or something like that -- the dealers would correct me and tell me what to do. If you're betting through a computer, rather than talking to a person, how do you learn?