We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tropicana ups Resort Fee $2 adds Wireless Internet

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
2,869 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Tropicana ups Resort Fee $2 adds Wireless Internet

Tropicana promotion pages now disclose the resort fee as $9.99, up $2 from $7.99. The say:

A daily resort fee of $9.99 (subject to applicable lodging tax) will be added to the guest room account and includes some of the following benefits: high speed wireless internet, free access to the fitness center, pool & Jacuzzi areas, 2-for-1 signature cocktails in Bacio or Legends with your meal, 2-for-1 cocktails at our "Club Trop" Daily Happy Hour and more.

Also in the room descriptions, this can be found: Additional amenities include: 42" flat panel TV, blackout shutters, wireless Internet, iHome clock radio.

So, for $2, they have added wireless internet to the resort fee. Knew something would be coming out, but have not yet seen it.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
2,869 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tropicana ups Resort Fee $2 adds Wireless Internet

Tropicana just twittered this...

"We're changing everything... even our resort fees! Starting Aug. 2, Wi-Fi is officially included!" They didn't admit to increasing it by Aug 2 yet.

NJ
Level Contributor
507 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Tropicana ups Resort Fee $2 adds Wireless Internet

As much as I hate the way resort fees are marketed, I'd much rather pay $2.00 more to have wireless internet included. I doubt very much that I'd ever use anything that the $7.99 resort fee included. But there is a chance that I may use the internet for a few minutes now and then.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,586 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tropicana ups Resort Fee $2 adds Wireless Internet

I still think a resort fee should be optional across all hotels.

I for one would not use the hotel gym and I don't care about getting a newspaper daily.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
2,869 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tropicana ups Resort Fee $2 adds Wireless Internet

Vegas Chatter just chimed in on this as well:

vegaschatter.com/story/2010/7/29/234910/895/…

5. Re: Tropicana ups Resort Fee $2 adds Wireless Internet

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 January 2011, 06:17