We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Downtown Minis, Meet & Greets, Discuss it ~ 7/29~12/31/2010!

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Missouri
Level Contributor
5,980 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Downtown Minis, Meet & Greets, Discuss it ~ 7/29~12/31/2010!

Yes, I think its time to get our favorite topic back up on the board, so that we can all discuss when we're going, whats going on, whose gonna meet up with us, and just general Downtown Las Vegas talk that keeps all of us together, and close.... Post coupons, specials, any information about Downtown you come across, including news links.

Hopefully there will be a November, or December meet up arranged here, for later this year. Talks are already in the works!

And discussions about a MEGA or whatever it will be called Meet in 2011 can start here. No definite date has been set, so... add your comments here. We have a committee that will be addressing this. Most likely, the MEGA event itself will be held on the Strip in 2011, as it should be, but we will have our Downtown schedule of events as well, and as always.

For those who want the coupon link for Downtown: HERE IT IS!!!www.vegasexperience.com/coupons User ID is your email address, password is realvegas. Coupons are currently good through September, and they appear to be back to doing them by the Quarter year. Good deal!

Also worth noting and checking out Downtown if you're headed that way?

1) Binion's FREE 5x7" photo in folder, w $1,000,000! 10am-10 pm

2) Chart House Bar/Gold Rush Tower- 4-6 PM Monday ~ Friday! Drinks $3-6, and Entree Sized Appetizers for $5-7. Great Vibe with Aquarium at Rush Tower as your back bar!

3) El Cortez Happy Hour All Bars. 2-4-1 Martinis 5-7 pm daily.

4) Firefly Happy Hour! 1/2 price drinks weekdays 5-7 pm Fri-Sat. nights, 4:30 ~ 6:30 pm. Sangria pitchers $12, Beers $2, Martinis & Mojitos, $3.50-$4.00.

And don't forget... Through Labor day weekend, The Summer of the 70's is "playing" downtown! Tribute Bands, and a lively scene with Fremont Street packed with people dancing in the street & enjoying the vibe! Light shows are not just the 10 minute Queen Tribute, American Pie, Bad to the Bone shows, which ARE great and wonderful to see. But they are now lasting most of the hour with 70s music and various other topics playing on the big screen!

What do you have planned? And if you have questions, this is the Downtown forum to ask. We have many experts gathered here!

All Downtown lovers, please join us!

sheila

Sartell, Minnesota
Level Contributor
1,412 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Downtown Minis, Meet & Greets, Discuss it ~ 7/29~12/31/2010!

Thanks for starting this Sheila....I'll be gone from here for a few days (long weekend with the family) but will be anxious to read all that's happening Downtown when I get back.

Hotlando, Fl
Level Contributor
9,198 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Downtown Minis, Meet & Greets, Discuss it ~ 7/29~12/31/2010!

Great thread Sheila. I would really like to be at the Summer of 70 festivities one more time. I'm ready for a Labor Day trip!

Cornwall, New York
Level Contributor
7,530 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Downtown Minis, Meet & Greets, Discuss it ~ 7/29~12/31/2010!

I'm ready for a November/December trip. But I have to be at work for the end of the month/beginning fo the following month and every other Friday for payroll. So my actual dates are quite limited. But can work around things if necessary. All I know is that I am going this trip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marge

Hotlando, Fl
Level Contributor
9,198 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Downtown Minis, Meet & Greets, Discuss it ~ 7/29~12/31/2010!

Rodeo Week starts December 2nd until the 9th, anyone?

Missouri
Level Contributor
5,980 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Downtown Minis, Meet & Greets, Discuss it ~ 7/29~12/31/2010!

That is always a fun week Downtown, Becky.... The cowboys and their ladies enjoy Fremont with gusto! LOL Fun to watch, fun to be a part of. Right now, I can't commit to anything, but I wouldn't mind being there for at least part of the "hoedown". :-) There are always fun stories to tell from Rodeo Week on Fremont street.

I'm also good for anytime in November, except Thanksgiving week. One or the other, not both. LOL I probably will do a four or five day trip if i do get to do this late year trip. :-) And I'd like it to include Monday & Tuesday, since those are the best Bingo days. :-) But it doesn't HAVE to.

sheila

sheila

SGF, MO
Level Contributor
7,269 posts
237 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Downtown Minis, Meet & Greets, Discuss it ~ 7/29~12/31/2010!

I'm scheduled the week after Thanksgiving, Sun thru Fri. , 11/28 - 12/3. Would love to drop in if a M&G is planned. If not, maybe another trip...

tucson
Level Contributor
1,000 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Downtown Minis, Meet & Greets, Discuss it ~ 7/29~12/31/2010!

Yippee, Sheila!

I would love to plan another trip, maybe rodeo (NFR) week. The Hoedown is wed 12/1 (don't know who's playing yet) and the tree lighting is tues 12/7.

Lots of concerts at GN that week; Clint Black 12/9; John Michael Montgomery 12/7; Ronnie Milsap 12/6; Clay Walker 12/3

Edited: 30 July 2010, 01:29
Cornwall, New York
Level Contributor
7,530 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Downtown Minis, Meet & Greets, Discuss it ~ 7/29~12/31/2010!

I would love to be there for the tree lighting.

Providence, Rhode...
Level Contributor
7,449 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Downtown Minis, Meet & Greets, Discuss it ~ 7/29~12/31/2010!

I'll be Downtown Sept 19, 20 & 21st and if my only M&G is with 2-4-1 Martinis at the El Cortez, I'll still be one happy camper. :)

SOUTHERN OHIO
Level Contributor
931 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Downtown Minis, Meet & Greets, Discuss it ~ 7/29~12/31/2010!

We'll be downtown Aug. 23 in case anybody wants to meet and greet. Was thinking about maybe MSS buffet for dinner???