We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what do guys have to wear to clubs/bars

New york
Level Contributor
102 posts
Save Topic
what do guys have to wear to clubs/bars

me and my friend are going to vegas with our girlfriends at the end of august. What are guys expected to wear out ? Button down shirt, black shoes and jeans ok ? Can I wear a short sleeved polo shirt or somethign? I dont really wanna be walking around the strip with a long sleeved button down shirt.

Also, we are staying at caesars, and I have heard that the end of august is a relatively slow time , anyone have any insight on if they think the 20/50 dollar trick might work ? we booked our rooms seperately, when we go to check in, should all 4 of us go up the counter and try tipping 50 bucks for nicer rooms, or should we go up seperately ?

Special Offer
Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour with...
6,569 reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
5,035 reviews
from US$142.99*
US$224.90
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Helicopter Tour...
570 reviews
from US$369.99*
US$479.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Luxury...
357 reviews
from US$299.99*
US$399.00
Vancouver
Level Contributor
2,421 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: what do guys have to wear to clubs/bars

When I was there, it seemed almost all the guys where wearing jeans and dress shoes, the shirts certainly varied. However, you will be indoors and they have lots of AC so if you go with a long sleeve you will be ok. I wore a polo and was fine too.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
104 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: what do guys have to wear to clubs/bars

As far as dress code for guys at clubs, check this website...

www.jackcolton.com/las_vegas_dress_codes.htm

...but to answer your question, yes, button down shirts, dark jeans and nice shoes (no tennis shoes/sneakers) are the norm for guys....no matter the temperature. Some clubs will allow some trendier tee-shirts/polos. At least by the time you'll be going to the club, the weather will have cooled off drastically, but in August it will still be warm outside.

Jersey
Level Contributor
31,600 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: what do guys have to wear to clubs/bars

Here are some pictures of people at the various clubs. Most of the pictures are of woman, but there are enough ( you just have to go through them) to give you a realistic idea of what men wear to clubs:

http://www.lasvegasweekly.com/photos/

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
6,628 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: what do guys have to wear to clubs/bars

Husband wears dark/nice jeans, dress shoes, button down shirt. No hats, no t-shirts, no sport looking shoes. Almost every guy in line looks like a carbon copy of him. LOL! :)

5. Re: what do guys have to wear to clubs/bars

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 January 2011, 08:16