We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pawn Stars walking...

Marquette, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Michigan
Level Contributor
2,392 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Pawn Stars walking...

I have already read the threads that say the shop is a dissapointment and that it is small etc.

I am not asking whether I should go there but want to know if I do (which I probably will) if it is a fairly easy walk from the pawn shop to downtown (Freemont).

On Google Earth it looks like just a few blocks. Is that right? And would it be a safe walk?

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
8,131 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Pawn Stars walking...

Perfectly safe. According to gogle maps it's about 0.6 miles. But it is sort of the "courts district" so if sketchy characters make you nervous walking might be more stress than you really need. And of course, there's the heat.

1060 W Addison...
Level Contributor
10,156 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pawn Stars walking...

As Will says, it's a safe walk. But the neightboor hood is a bit gritty, so people not used to such neighborhoods may not feel 100% safe.

San Diego
Level Contributor
5,123 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pawn Stars walking...

Yes its possible. Its boring but a straight shot. Its not far.

Marquette, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Michigan
Level Contributor
2,392 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pawn Stars walking...

Sometimes boring is OK...

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
5,970 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pawn Stars walking...

The gold and Silver Pawn Shop is 7 blocks south of Fremont on the Blvd. on the east side fo the street

I have done it many times.

I have never worried about others on the street.

Saskatchewan, Canada
Level Contributor
135 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pawn Stars walking...

We just did this walk last week... 7 blocks sounds about right. Just make sure you take a bottle of water with you - it was 112F the day we went. We forgot and got some water at a pawn shop about two blocks before it. Outside of the shop there are misters on the building for people waiting in line... and I'm guessing there will be a line when you get there to get in. It's not a large shop, but if you watch the show it's interesting to say you've been in there and see some of the stuff that's actually been shown on the show (like the Morrison painting).

Level Contributor
3,511 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pawn Stars walking...

you can also hop the Deuce bus which has a stop about a block away from the shop.

Baltimore, MD
Level Contributor
170 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Pawn Stars walking...

Chitowngamble, is there usually a line? I would love to go and check it out as I am a fan of the show. I will be with 7 other people who would like to go, but I am not sure they would be as enthused if they had a long wait in a line when they could be doing other things.

Thanks!

Marquette, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Michigan
Level Contributor
2,392 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Pawn Stars walking...

smh

Search the forum for Pawn Stars and you will see a few other threads that might answer your question.

You will also see a few other opinions related to whther it's a worthwhile visit.

I love the show and have taken the other opinions into consideration and want to visit. I'm prepared to be disappointed but still would like to see the place.

florida
Level Contributor
1,283 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Pawn Stars walking...

There will be a line early afternoon. Go before 10am and there probably won't be (and the folks on the show only work weekdays and come in about 9am). They actually have a bus stop right in front of the place now since it's such a popular stop. We were waited on by the old man (grandfather) while there at about 10am on a monday last month with no crowd until 10:30-11am (had some old coins they checked....with bad news).