We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

someone tell me what this Gold Coast (Ruby) card is????

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
england
Level Contributor
247 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
someone tell me what this Gold Coast (Ruby) card is????

I visited this hotel last year and enrolled for this card, don,t ask why i don,t know? What is it? i,m going again in two weeks time can i use it again and if i can what for??? do you put credit on it to use for slots, think i got it with sommething like $10 credited to it, does that sound right.. might as well use it if it gets me discounts for stuff.

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: someone tell me what this Gold Coast (Ruby) card is????

It's your B Connected players card that's good at all Boyd Gaming properties, not just Gold Coast. In Vegas that also means Orleans, Sam's Town, Suncoast, Fremont, California and Main Street Station. You use it to have your play logged by the hotels so that you can earn possible comps and future offers. $10 freeplay sounds about right for signing up.

https://www.bconnectedonline.com/

http://www.travel2vegas.com/comps.html

San Diego
Level Contributor
974 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: someone tell me what this Gold Coast (Ruby) card is????

Adding to what blagger said (which is excellent as usual)- no, you don't put credits on the card to play on slots. Occasionally they give you free slot play credits loaded on your card, like sign up bonus, or redeeming promotional offers.

I am not sure if your sign up bonus credit is still on the card. Sometimes it expires after a certain time. If you are thinking about going back, stop by at the player's club booth and ask if it's still there. If not, they can at least tell you about current promotions.

england
Level Contributor
247 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: someone tell me what this Gold Coast (Ruby) card is????

Thanks but not really much wiser, so is it not worth me keeping it? not sure what a B connected card is, does it get me discounts at buffetrs or anything? if not not bother keeping it.. think i only did it due to the free $10 oh and the free beads if i remember rightly or is that the orleans..

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: someone tell me what this Gold Coast (Ruby) card is????

dazzler, look at the second of the two links in my previous post. It will explain how players cards work. It's possible that it will get you discounts and other small benefits at Boyd properties but I'm not that familiar with the B Connected program.

Sign up for as many players cards as you like even if you don't intend to gamble. It's totally free and you often get free stuff just for signing up. It also puts you on hotels' radar for future offers.

Edited: 18 August 2010, 10:01
San Diego
Level Contributor
974 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: someone tell me what this Gold Coast (Ruby) card is????

The bconnected link blagger posted for you (BConnected is the new name for Coast/ Boyd Player's card) lets you log onto your account and see what offers you have.

There is a number on your card. Type the player # and PIN (if you don't have it, follow the instructions to create one) and you'll see if you have any offers from the Coast/ Boyd properties.

From what I gather from your posts, you signed up for a card but didn't play much there? Even so you might have discounted rates availale to members only. So it's worth logging in and checking what they have to offer you. If you had gambled, then you might have free rooms or freeplay offers.

The card itself, even if you lose it, can be replaced. (Just bring your photo ID to player's club booth and they'll issue you a new one.)

Are you going to stay, play or dine at any of those properties on your upcoming trip? Members get discounted price for buffets at some properties.

Also, it's good to sign up at the player's club card at every property you gamble at. Like Boyd/ Coast, you can use one card for multiple properties (like HET, MGM). When you play slots, just insert your card and play. When you play table games, give your card to the dealer. They track your play and give you offers in the future.

San Diego
Level Contributor
974 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: someone tell me what this Gold Coast (Ruby) card is????

blagger beats me to it.. again lol I must be a really slow typer!

dazzler, you can click on the bconnected link, then click on "first time user? start here" to create a PIN.

Cleveland
Level Contributor
603 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: someone tell me what this Gold Coast (Ruby) card is????

If you sign in on line using that players card number, you can get slightly cheaper room rates too.

england
Level Contributor
247 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: someone tell me what this Gold Coast (Ruby) card is????

Thanks for all help, made it bit more understandable.. yes i,m staying at gold coast for a week will check it out... was offered one last year at monte carlo, which think you got 2 free buffet meals but i,m always wary as think there,s a catch to these things obviously not... wish me luck..

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
41,359 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: someone tell me what this Gold Coast (Ruby) card is????

This card will give you a discount at the buffets in both Gold Coast and Orleans. It will also give you a 10% discount at the liquor store at Orleans, I'm not sure about the GC store.

As mentioned, when you play any machine insert your card and you will accrue points. Also if you sit at a table to gamble hand them your card. This will get you discounted and FREE rooms for your next visit.

Near the end of the week if you go to the coffee shop hand them your card when you pay and ask them to use your points to apply to your bill.

There is absolutely no reason not to use this card.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
9,514 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: someone tell me what this Gold Coast (Ruby) card is????

If you are staying at the Gold Coast, you are likely going to try their buffet. As pointed out, the card is good for a buck or two discount on the buffet. So bring it and save a few dollars.