We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can anyone recommend a fine dining restaurant in Las Vegas?

Sydney
Level Contributor
23 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Can anyone recommend a fine dining restaurant in Las Vegas?

Hi, I am hoping for some local knowledge. I would like to organise a gift for my sister who is travelling to Las Vegas to celebrate her birthday. I was thinking I would organise a limousine to pick her (and partner) up from the hotel (not sure where she is staying yet but assume it will be central) to take them to a beautiful restaurant - preferably with a bar - for dinner. I would very grateful for any recommendations. No preference in terms of cuisine, as long as it is fine dining.

Thank you!

Vermont
Level Contributor
4,069 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Can anyone recommend a fine dining restaurant in Las Vegas?

How much are you looking to spend? Le Cirque @ Bellagio is among the very best. THE Mix is a great too.

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Can anyone recommend a fine dining restaurant in Las Vegas?

Your going to get lots of recommendations as the number of different options is pretty big. My own picks would be Alize at Palms or Bartolotta at Wynn.

Edited: 19 August 2010, 13:34
Leicester, UK
Level Contributor
614 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Can anyone recommend a fine dining restaurant in Las Vegas?

You really need to be more specific. There are just so many options in Vegas. Food preferences would help. Do you want a view? Do you want outdoor seating? Would you be happy with a tasting menu? How much do you want to spend for the meal - $200, $500, $1000, more?

Without more detail, it's like asking where can I take my sister for a nice meal in London, Paris, Sydney?!!

Sydney
Level Contributor
23 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can anyone recommend a fine dining restaurant in Las Vegas?

Hmmmm...it looks like my question was too broad...sorry! I haven't been to Las Vegas before so please excuse the ignorance. I was thinking of spending approx $500, she really won't care too much about a view or outdoor seating. She does like a cocktail beforehand and to feel pampered. In terms of cuisine - no real preference. I did a quick search yesterday and Joel Robuchon at the MGM looks like it might fit the bill (they seem to have a complimentary limousine service with dinner bookings too). Any other suggestions would be much appreciated. Thank you all for your responses.

Cheers

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
2,330 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can anyone recommend a fine dining restaurant in Las Vegas?

Joel Robuchon is an amazing place but will most likely run over the $500 mark. I'm pretty sure the tasting menu is around $265/pp but that shoule be easy to verify online. I'd suggest Alex at Wynn or Alize at Palms with a nod to Alize. I think you can get more for $500 there then at Alex.

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,856 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Can anyone recommend a fine dining restaurant in Las Vegas?

Alize wouldn't cost $500 unless they ordered some expensive bottles of wine. You could always give them a Visa gift card and let them choose the restaurant. Give them some suggestions, they'll be impressed that you've done some homework. The suggestions made here so far have been excellent. I'd like to throw Prime and Picasso at the Bellagio into the mix, both would pamper her.

Colorado Springs...
Destination Expert
for Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
4,264 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Can anyone recommend a fine dining restaurant in Las Vegas?

You can easily get out of Prime for under $500, and it is a lovely place. Even though you say you don't really care about outdoor seating or a view, I can tell you that the patio seating at Prime really is a special meal. Great views of the Bellagio fountains, excellent food, great wine list, very romantic place.

Jersey
Level Contributor
31,600 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Can anyone recommend a fine dining restaurant in Las Vegas?

My suggestions would be Prime or Alize. Both are excellent restaurants with fantastic food, ambience and service.

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Can anyone recommend a fine dining restaurant in Las Vegas?

vp, you're back! Hope the trip went well. Is it too much to ask for another TR? The one from earlier this year was great....... :-)

Del Mar, California
Level Contributor
8,002 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Can anyone recommend a fine dining restaurant in Las Vegas?

Alex, Joel Robuchon, Guy Savoy, Picasso and Twist are the highest quality food( for fine dinning) you will find in Las vegas.

$500 for 2 people can be done at any of these restaurants unless they order more then a few drinks.