We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Harrah's Rooms

Orange County
Level Contributor
1,161 posts
Save Topic
Harrah's Rooms

I will be staying at Harrah's first time and was wondering what part of the hotel has newer/remodeled standard rooms..and which areas to avoid when asking at check-in. Thanks in Advance.

Boston
Level Contributor
24,554 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Harrah's Rooms

If you do a search on harrahs rooms you will get hundreds of posts on the rooms as far as to what tower, the noise, any upgrades and so on.

The one good thing about harrahs is its location.

If your thinking pool, forget about it, one of the worst.

Orange County
Level Contributor
1,161 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Harrah's Rooms

I'm using a comp offer and also never stayed mid-strip so will be interesting to see how things turn out. I kinda prefer south strip..but will try something new.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
25 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Harrah's Rooms

We stayed at Harrah's last weekend. We were in the Mardi Gras tower. The lady at the front desk said it was newly renovated. The only thing was that you could hear the music from carnival court. It didn't really matter to us because we were hardly in our room during the night. I liked that our room was not far from the elevator and we could be downstairs in seconds.

Topeka, Kansas
Level Contributor
18,515 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Harrah's Rooms

We stayed in the Carnival Tower in a standard room, and we liked it. We looked at an angle toward the Mirage volcano.

P.S. and NO sound from anything on that side of the hotel, but I do believe the Mardi Gras Tower (and stated) has the renovated rooms.

Richmond, Canada
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Harrah's Rooms

We've stayed in the Carnival Tower.No noise from Carnival Court, but I think that somebody on TA did say that if you stay in the Mardi Gras tower, just ask for a room on a high floor if wanting to avoid the noise.I thought also that if we got in late that the noise from the court wouldn't bother me but let me tell you!!! I'd have to be drunk and passing out to be in that noise again.We had stayed once in the IP and promptly asked for another room,Way too noisy...

Orange County
Level Contributor
1,161 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Harrah's Rooms

Ended up staying in a Carnival Tower Room. The room itself was a lot better than I'd expected to be. I was staying on 24th floor did notice I'm thinking it was my last night (08/26) I was hearing a lot of loud booms/banging coming from outside and it clearly wasn't the Mirage Volcano show... but rather from delivery trucks..so i guess on that side of the building.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
2,606 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Harrah's Rooms

I didn't think Harrahs. was that bad either. We stayed in Carnival Tower #2735 looking directly at the Volcano show. This was comped as well but paid an additional $15 per night for a little better than basic.

Orange County
Level Contributor
1,161 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Harrah's Rooms

What type of amenities did your room have? She did offer me upgrade at check-in but just stayed with the standard room in Carnival Tower. You probably stayed in Mardi Gras?

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
2,606 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Harrah's Rooms

Protius1, the guy at check in called my room a "luxury" room but it did not have a t.v. in the bathroom and the t.v. we did have in the room was not a flat screen but the furniture was brand new as well as the carpet and linens on the bed. There was the vending machine type thingy with camera, water, toothbrush, shave kit, etc. It was very quiet with the exception of the Volcano show which we liked. No, it was definitely the Carnival Tower.

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
21 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Harrah's Rooms

Newly updated rooms are listed as the "deluxe rooms". on their web site, while luxury rooms.... well, you found out - they're not updated.