We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Gaming Card Point - Expire ????

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
uk
Level Contributor
918 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Gaming Card Point - Expire ????

Hi, we were last in LV in 2008 and while there we signed up MGM, Wynn, Harahs cards - as we moved about a lot we have points on all of these - I was wondering if the cards retain the points or do they expire after a certain amount of time?

Nebraska
Level Contributor
1,881 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Gaming Card Point - Expire ????

I believe MGM points expire after 18 months of non use. They stil have a record of your play but you can't redeem the points for anything after that point.

HET gives you reward credits and tier credits. Reward credits expire after 6 months of non-play. If you get just one point somehow it will extend them for another 6 months. Some people get a total rewards credit card because you can get reward credits and keep your balance going that way. Reward credits are redeemable at Harrah's properties for food etc. at a rate of 1 penny per point (100 points = $1). Harrah's tier credits are used to establish what level of card you have - Gold, Platinum, Diamond, or 7 Star. Tier credits are accumulated in a calendar year - you start over each January 1. Again even if your points expire they still have a record of your play.

Don't know about Wynn.

uk
Level Contributor
918 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Gaming Card Point - Expire ????

just wondering as we have these cards but have never been comped anything or sent any other deals due to having them - I only get some now since I joined thier email lists

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
41,641 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Gaming Card Point - Expire ????

I think Wynn is 12 months, but it may be 18.

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Gaming Card Point - Expire ????

The Total Rewards credit card is only available to US residents.

5. Re: Hotel Gaming Card Point - Expire ????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 February 2011, 05:17