We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Same Question for first timer - where would you stay????

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
melbourne
Level Contributor
1,088 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Same Question for first timer - where would you stay????

We are a group of 3. Me(49), my husband (56) and son (17). We are going 11th of December for 2 nights.

I have narrowed down the choice -

MgM Signature Suites,

The Hotel at Mandalay Bay,

Venetian (Venezzia Bella or Venetian Bella) is there a difference?

We would like to spend 2 days looking around at the hotels and maybe seeing a couple of shows. While son goes up to the room, my husband and I would like to spend an hour or two having a bit of a gamble.

Which hotel should I be looking at. Given we will probably not get a chance to come again.

Marquette, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Michigan
Level Contributor
2,311 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Same Question for first timer - where would you stay????

For a first (and maybe only) timer I would suggest somewhere closer to mid-strip and many of the other hotels you may be interested in.

Ergo, of the three you mentioned I would suggest Venetian.

Colorado Springs...
Destination Expert
for Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
4,232 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Same Question for first timer - where would you stay????

I have stayed at (and liked) both Signature and THEHotel. A one bedroom would be good so you'll have a bit more privacy, putting your son on the couch in the living room. For location, I'd probably go with Signature as it puts you near some of the major hotels, and isn't a bad walk from center Strip. THEHotel is a great property, but is so far South that it might not be ideal for first timers.

Boston
Level Contributor
24,420 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Same Question for first timer - where would you stay????

The Sig and Thehotel both have so, so locations with TheHotel having the worst one, The venetian will likely be your best bet location wise But the one bedroom Sig will be your best bet for privacy.

What you should really do is get two connecting rooms at a mid strip hotel, half the time it will be cheaper then a one bedroom suite. .

Los Gatos...
Level Contributor
24,950 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Same Question for first timer - where would you stay????

Venetian. You want to look around and may not return. Beautiful hotel, right in the middle of all there is to see..... food court for 17yr old.

Lex, KY
Level Contributor
432 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Same Question for first timer - where would you stay????

I would definitely pick Venetian from these options. Much better location for sight seeing and lots more to do close by.

new jersey
Level Contributor
144 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Same Question for first timer - where would you stay????

Location, Location, Location - Venetian ! In the middle of most of the action.

1060 W Addison...
Level Contributor
10,156 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Same Question for first timer - where would you stay????

Fairly easy choice for the Venetian - you are much closer to the action.

8. Re: Same Question for first timer - where would you stay????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 February 2011, 06:53