We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What other shopping bargains are there to be had?

london,uk
Level Contributor
638 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
What other shopping bargains are there to be had?

without traipsing to the outlets?

Is Hollister, teenage niece is writing me a list! From the Uk it wont let you get dollars up.

Ive compared Mac makeup and it looks the same price.

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: What other shopping bargains are there to be had?

Overseas visitors can get discount at Macy's

www.macys.com/store/about/visitor/index.jsp

Are you asking about bargains that are available in relation to what you would pay for the same items in the UK? If yes then you really should specifically suggest that in your post's title, so that the UK posters who are best qualified to help will take the time to check it out.

And as always the forum search facility is your friend. It took me about 20 seconds to find this recent thread.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g45963-i10-k375545…

Edited: 02 September 2010, 10:44
Tennessee
Level Contributor
148 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What other shopping bargains are there to be had?

US visitors get the same Macy's discount if you are from out of town... just go to customer service to get your coupon.

UK
Level Contributor
480 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: What other shopping bargains are there to be had?

I remember a couple of years ago you could not use the Macy's discount

on cosmetics but this may have changed now, perhaps someone else who has used it more recently may be able to give you an update.

I always buy my cosmetics in Vegas and have found they are always cheaper than the UK.

Pinktiffs

Mentioned in this post
London, United...
Level Contributor
17,856 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What other shopping bargains are there to be had?

Often times those discounts do not apply to things like cosmetics, fragrance and jewelry. I'm sure that still applies.

I live in England but am from the US. I've found that for most things like make up and Uggs that what costs $10 in the US costs £10 in the UK, so there is a definite savings by buying in the US. Fashion Show Mall is a great place to shop for UK visitors, they sell every brand imaginable. I presonally love Nordstrom the best, but for mid to upper mid price and great sales, alot of people like Macy's.

Mentioned in this post
Fashion Show Mall
Fashion Show Mall
1,855 Reviews
Las Vegas, NV
England
Level Contributor
1,907 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What other shopping bargains are there to be had?

In all your searching on the internet, please remember to compare apples with apples. All UK sites show costs with VAT included. Not sure that the US sites show the local tax on the ticket price - in fact, pretty sure they don't.

Just a thought.

london,uk
Level Contributor
638 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What other shopping bargains are there to be had?

Yes, thats what I thought about the tax. Thanks anyway. Uggs it is then!!

Oh, to the person at the beginning who said I should search on here, sometimes when you are doing 12 hour shift work you dont always have the time to start searching, its easier to post. Plus other people might actually find the answers helpfull.

Please dont be so abrupt.

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: What other shopping bargains are there to be had?

angel, I'm sorry if you thought I was abrupt. That wasn't my intention and I looking back at my post I don't think the wording was particularly impolite.

A lot of newer posters aren't aware of the forum search so I was trying to make you aware of it for possible future reference. If time is important to you then you can often find the answers you need with a couple of key words more quickly than typing up a question and waiting for replies. Of course feel free to ask yourself if you want - that's your choice... :-)

NZ
Level Contributor
687 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What other shopping bargains are there to be had?

Angelcakes, you have to read the Trip report from your fellow Brit "Quaffed", sorry I don't know how to do that linky thing. She is an absolute shopping legend, and can sure find a bargain!

Galveston, Texas
Level Contributor
2,134 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What other shopping bargains are there to be had?

Hollister is cheaper in the US. You can buy t-shirts for $12.90+, whereas in the UK they cost £15-£24. Hoodies are cheaper etc..

The Fashion Mall, by the Wynn has a HCO, and Abercrombie.

Mentioned in this post
Wynn Las Vegas
Wynn Las Vegas
20,212 Reviews
Las Vegas, NV
London
Level Contributor
165 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: What other shopping bargains are there to be had?

I found USA to be cheaper to shop than England. Didnt do much shopping in Vegas but did in LA.

Electrical equipment has the biggest price difference (Saved £100 on new Camera) Found with clothes what costs $20 cost £20 in England.

Mentioned in this post
United States
United States
North America