We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I know, I know, another desperately needing advice, but I do

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
55 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
I know, I know, another desperately needing advice, but I do

Hello friends!

Well, the header says it all! I have researched these forums so much that my mind is pickled! So, I will give you the details in the hope that you can help me make a decision!

Late September I am travelling from Australia with my Dad and Mum to celebrate my beautiful Mum's 70th birthday. She has just found out and is so excited. Never been to the States, always wanted to visit Vegas. So be it, Vegas it is, she really deserves it!

And, I am going to organise their renewal of vows. After 48 years, more in love than ever, its going to be special. Neither Mum nor Dad know about that though, that's my surprise.

So......help needed with the following!

1. very special birthday breakfast (we are at the Bellagio)

2. Renewal of vows, small, very intimate church? Personal (3 of us), with the chance to maybe show a DVD with wishes from Australia. I have reading the Little Church of Flowers and Little Church if the West is nice. Any thoughts?

3. A salon to make Mum feel like a Princess (and well deserved) on her special day!

4. Jersey Boys or Cher. Maybe both? Are they really the best? My folks have a great sense of humour, any funny shows you can recommend?

5. Any random ideas on what has made YOUR Vegas trip very special! Dad and Mum are brilliant and incredibly open to the wonders of life, so any ideas that you love would be so greatly appreciated!

Time is running out for my planning (it has been somewhat a suprise trip), and after a 16 hour flight from Oz, would love to make it special!

Thank all so much in advance.....really......

Special Offer
Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour with...
6,572 reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
5,039 reviews
from US$142.99*
US$224.90
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Helicopter Tour...
571 reviews
from US$369.99*
US$479.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Skywalk Skip-the-Line...
388 reviews
from US$499.99*
US$541.00
San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
15,760 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: I know, I know, another desperately needing advice, but I do

If you stay at the Bellagio, they'll probably be able to meet all those needs. They do a very tastful wedding. As far as the breakfast, many people recommend the four seasons. However, again, depending on the day of the week that you are there, a brunch might fit the bill.

Oh, and congratulate them on their long marriage. You should go all out for their Golden oen

Los Gatos...
Level Contributor
24,950 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I know, I know, another desperately needing advice, but I do

Me mum was born in Perth =)

And so was my Bro, who is joining me this November for his first trip to Vegas in way over 10 years. He's a young 67.

I'm going to book Love at Mirage because he always liked the Beatles, and it's the best show in Vegas for me.

I also want to book Jersey Boys if I can. I know he'll enjoy that as well.

My wife is a HUGE Cher fan, and I like her too. Cher puts on a very good show, but shows alot of videos while she changes clothes after every song to show off her Bob Mackey outfits....

A couple of years ago, I took mom to see her longtime love, Tom Jones, at MGM

It's been a while since I've seen her, but Rita Rudner puts on a very funny, clean show for comedy.

Hope you guys have a wonderful time!!!!

Edited: 02 September 2010, 14:15
Vermont
Level Contributor
4,069 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: I know, I know, another desperately needing advice, but I do

Beautiful and amazing breakfast places:

1) Bouchon in the Venetian.

or

2) The Verandah in the Four Seasons.

Fair Dinkum!

Edited: 02 September 2010, 14:29
London, UK
Level Contributor
1,846 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I know, I know, another desperately needing advice, but I do

If you mum's birthday happens to be on Sunday and her special breakfast could wait until brunch, then I can't recommend the Sunday brunch at Jasmine in Bellagio highly enough. I don't normally eat at buffets, but tried the Jasmine brunch on a whim on my last visit and really, really enjoyed it. Pricey, but worth it for a treat.

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
43,759 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I know, I know, another desperately needing advice, but I do

1. Either Verandah at Four Seasons or Tableau at Wynn, with a slight edge to Verandah.

2. We've renewed our vows at both Chapel of Flowers and Little Church of the West. The chapel at Little Church was very nice and they did a fantastic job matching the bouquet to my wif'e dress (she emailed photo). The dvd there could have been a little nicer, not a great angle, but the pictures were very good. My wife liked the minister and service itself very much.

At Chapel of the Flowers we had our ceremony outside in the gazebo, at night under the stars, so I can't speak of the chapel. DVD was better, and of course pictures were different being at night.

Our renewals are for us, so neither ceremony had guests. I would recommend either, with possibly a slight edge to Little Church of the West. But we did love the gazebo.

3. Sorry can't help.

4. I would go with Jersey Boys and Love. Unless they are big Cher fans, I wouldn't think her show is that outstanding.

5. Start with a limo piuckup from the airport. It costs $67 from Presidential Limo (plus tip). Your Mom will be given a rose and there will be champagne for your ride. I would also request a stop on the way at the Welcome to Las Vegas sign for photos.

http://www.presidentiallimolv.com/

Edited: 02 September 2010, 16:31
6. Re: I know, I know, another desperately needing advice, but I do

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 March 2011, 05:19