We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vegas in December when to book

sd
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Vegas in December when to book

I know prices for hotels in vegas come down quite a bit for december how long before my trip should i book to get the best deals?

Special Offer
Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour with...
6,550 reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
5,011 reviews
from US$142.99*
US$224.90
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Skywalk Skip-the-Line...
385 reviews
from US$499.99*
US$541.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Helicopter Tour...
565 reviews
from US$369.99*
US$479.00
Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
542 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vegas in December when to book

We are already booked - however it does depend when in December you want to go as it can be very busy over the Christmas and New Year weekends, and of course the prices will increase especially for New Years!

sd
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vegas in December when to book

I plan on going the weekend before xmas.

Baltimore
Level Contributor
1,334 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Vegas in December when to book

Usually about the 3rd week in Dec. Right when the Rodeo is pulling out of town the rates go down a tad before the people want to come in for the Xmas week when they go back up again.

I book about 90 days out.

Edited: 02 September 2010, 23:27
Alaska
Level Contributor
788 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vegas in December when to book

I've had something booked since May. The hotels have changed slightly since then, but I tried as early as possible to get the best rates.

DaShores
Level Contributor
116 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Vegas in December when to book

i have found over the years that rooms are as cheap as they get around the US thanksgiving, but things are quite slow everywhere that week...

Temperance, Michigan
Level Contributor
2,240 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Vegas in December when to book

We booked in July for Dec 25th for 4 nites @ CP, but our rooms are comped. Haven't booked the flight though, still to high!

Tavares, Florida
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
6,126 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Vegas in December when to book

We booked for the 18th staying a week a few months ago, We do have 5 of the 7 nights comped. We booked air last week after looking for weeks. Ended up booking one air carrier out and another back, it worked out much less than booking RT trip with just one airline. I'd start looking now and if it is a price you can live with book with the hotel you can always change if the prices go down.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
2,869 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Vegas in December when to book

Book when the price is good, doesn't matter when. Just make sure you have a refundable deposit. That way you can always call if the rate goes down and get the cheaper rate.

The weekend before Christmas, I'll be staying at the Mirage for the first time. Picked up a tower room for 30% off. The base rate excluding resort fee at taxes for Friday, Saturday and Sunday is $88, $94, and $70. Booked that in June and haven't seen anything that low at Mirage since, never mind cheaper. Even Bellagio was going for 25%off a little while ago, but no longer. Sign up with the resort you want to stay at and check your email.

virginia
Level Contributor
2,964 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Vegas in December when to book

Maybe I like to plan well in advance (well yes actually I do), I booked NYE for Caesars in January this year!

Just last week booked the air. Can't wait.

I'd say if you can get a good rate, go for it.

New Year's might be hard to find a good rate though. Probably booked up or expensive rates by now.

Good luck and have fun!!!

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
43,487 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Vegas in December when to book

"I plan on going the weekend before xmas."

The only word that matters in that sentence is WEEKEND. None of the promotions or codes you will find online will apply to Friday or Saturday night. So you might as well book as soon as you find a rate you are comfortable with. If you are going to split hotels, you can wait for the portion that doesn't include the weekend.

As long as you book direct with the hotel using a fully refundable offer or promo, if the rate goes down later you can always call and receive the lower rate.

Edited: 03 September 2010, 18:37