We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Signature Check In

Fresno, California
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
Signature Check In

Hey all I have a question about staying at the Signature at MGM. I reserved a one bedroom suite in October for a bachelor party. There will be eight of us staying in the room. Now I have read that I can check in at the airport, but it says that I have to show security my key to get into the hotel. Will it be a problem always having 7 people walking up with me and only one room key? Since this is suppose to be such a secluded hotel will they try to make us pay for another room?

Osage City, Kansas
Level Contributor
214 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Signature Check In

We stayed at the Signature in the one bedroom suite. It says in the paper they give you at check in "No bachelor or bachelorette parties allowed". So yes you probably will have a problem with 8 folks in one room.

Fresno, California
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Signature Check In

I've read numerous reviews of the hotel saying people stayed there with more than 4 people in one room. I was just wondering how the security worked when going back to the hotel at night or even during the day time.

Lawrenceburg...
Level Contributor
1,810 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Signature Check In

No one asks you for a key. If you are returning to the Sig via the MGM walkway, you will need a key to open the door to the walkway between the two.(MGM and Sig)

1060 W Addison...
Level Contributor
10,156 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Signature Check In

You can get into the room via the MGM. Just know that if you are roudy, neighbors may call security, and they can be agressive in shutting you down or even kicking you out.

Fresno, California
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Signature Check In

Good to know. We aren't planning on partying in the room at night. More or less having drinks before we go out and then coming home and going to bed. We're not the rowdy crowd anyways. This is more of a get out of town and relax type of bachelor party.

Florida
Level Contributor
3,859 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Signature Check In

Stayed in the Sig. If you have a car, they have your name at the security gate. If your checking in with 7 guys, you might have a problem. Pretty quiet hotel. I would just be prepared to pay for another room if you have to. I mean the hallways are quiet. With seven in room, I think the maid will rat you out. Hope it works out?

Baltimore, MD
Level Contributor
479 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Signature Check In

I would book a jr suite with your existing reservation and then call to get a two bedroom connecting suite. The most expensive night in oct is 205 and for that extra 205 you get much more room for 8 people. split 8 ways it is 25/person.

Colorado Springs...
Destination Expert
for Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
4,248 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Signature Check In

As long as you aren't partying in the room, I think you will be fine. As mentioned, maybe with a car you would have an issue, but just coming back through MGM at night no one will notice. I've stayed there several times, and though they weren't staying with me, I was bringing my parents, sister and her husband back and forth with me (they were staying elsewhere) and it was no problem all of us coming back together, walking through the lobby, etc....

San Diego,Ca.
Level Contributor
7,498 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Signature Check In

I have a close friend staying in a 1 Bedroom Suite at Signature in late October and you can have 8 friends over for food and drinks but only 4 people max are allowed to sleep in the suite.

Fresno, California
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Signature Check In

Alright, well now that Im officially a little concerned. My buddies dad has a junior suite in the hotel that weekend so I guess worst case we can carry one of his keys with us at all times. If the maids are an issue then I suppose we'll just keep our room clean and all of our belongings in the closets. My question is if they allow people to go in and out as they please for drinks, dinner, etc., how will they know who actually stays? We really aren't the rowdy crowd. Im not worried about that. We just booked one room to save a little money and to be in each others company the whole weekend.