We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfer from Airport

Belfast
Level Contributor
25 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Transfer from Airport

Im travelling on my own to Las Vegas. Wondering what is the best way to travel from the airport? I have read in reprorts that taxi drivers tend to rip you of. Im staying at the MGM - would it be better to use the shuttle bus service from the airport to the hotel or get a taxi?

Your advice would be appreciated.

New York
Level Contributor
518 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Transfer from Airport

Since you are traveling alone, you may be better off getting the shuttle which is around $6 compared to a $13 taxi fee. In addition, MGM is the first stop on the shuttle. When I'm alone I take the shuttle.

Enjoy!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
24,878 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Transfer from Airport

I personally will never use a shuttle. Even to MGM where it may be your 1st stop. You still have to wait at the airport for other passengers etc. A cab driver won't rip you off if you dont let him. To the MGM its a quick ride just ask that he take Swenson out of the airport to Tropicana, which probably 9 out of 10 drivers would do anyway, but if you get that one that tries to long haul you you will end up paying more.

New York
Level Contributor
518 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Transfer from Airport

GoodBeer has a very valid point. You may have to wait a while at the airport for a shuttle, so that should be a consideration as well.

San Diego
Level Contributor
5,116 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transfer from Airport

There are thousands of taxis in use in vegas every day. A very very small percentage of those might charge you an extra $10 for the ride.

Thats a far cry from taxi drivers tending to rip you off.

People never post of here about the regular cab ride they took, they only complain when they had to pay a few extra bucks.

Dont worry about it, just enjoy your stay and dont act like a sucker and you will be fine.

Take a cab.

Jersey
Level Contributor
31,600 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Transfer from Airport

I would definitely take a cab. When I go on vacation, I want to start that vacation as soon as possible and not sit on a bus at the airport. The cab line may seem long, but it moves quickly.

uk
Level Contributor
918 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transfer from Airport

and specify "No Tunnel " but generally most taxi drivers are OK and dont try to rip you off

7. Re: Transfer from Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 March 2011, 05:26