We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can you use other hotel pools?

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
59 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Can you use other hotel pools?

Planning on booking our stay at the Tropicana, but wondered, can you use the pools at other hotels in Vegas, if you pay the daily resort fee?

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Can you use other hotel pools?

Resort fees have nothing to do with using pools.

Pools are generally for the use of hotel guests only. There are one or two exceptions, for example this year guests at Harrah's owned hotels could use any pool under that ownership and certain adult pools are open to all who pay the cover charge. The general rule however is that if you want a great pool area, then stay at a property that has one.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
894 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Can you use other hotel pools?

Some you can(free),some you cant.

You are staying at a hotel with arguably the best pool anyway.

GL

Scotland
Level Contributor
1,332 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can you use other hotel pools?

Just back from MGM - the only checks on people going in were bag checks, nobody seemed to care about whether you had a room key or not.

Having said that, MGM pools were very busy and noisy - I wouldn't make the effort if not staying there.

Jersey
Level Contributor
31,600 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Can you use other hotel pools?

Here are some hotels that allowed non-guests to use their pools.

www.lasvegasadvisor.com/coolpools.cfm…

DC/NOVA
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
11,313 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can you use other hotel pools?

"You are staying at a hotel with arguably the best pool anyway."

I guess I would argue that.

Vancouver, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Can you use other hotel pools?

Pools in December? Will still be ok? Many pools are closed then?

Jersey
Level Contributor
31,600 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Can you use other hotel pools?

Some pools will still be open in December (some all year round), but that doesn't mean it is going to be pool weather- at least not for most people. The average high- mid 50s to about 60, but the high can be as low as the 30s. If you do hit a warm spell, you may be able to use the Jacuzzi. I just wouldn't hold my breath.

8. Re: Can you use other hotel pools?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 March 2011, 05:19