We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to Avoid Getting Married While in Vegas

Bemidji,MN
Level Contributor
253 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
How to Avoid Getting Married While in Vegas

Wanting so badly to make a trip to my favortie town but my live in wants us to get married & I am afraid I will have a weak moment & cave. Any suggestions on how we can go and enjoy this great city while avoiding the dreaded " I DO " ?

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
250 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to Avoid Getting Married While in Vegas

Go alone?

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
6,957 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to Avoid Getting Married While in Vegas

Get married before you go and then you don't have to worry about it :)

England, United...
Level Contributor
2,921 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to Avoid Getting Married While in Vegas

Do you not want to get married to your partner at all, or do you just not want to get married in Vegas?

If it's the latter just tell him/her that Vegas weddings aren't your thing. If it's the former then tell him/her that getting married to him/her isn't your thing!

not there
Level Contributor
650 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: How to Avoid Getting Married While in Vegas

Grow a "pair" before you go.

Brighton
Level Contributor
4,030 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How to Avoid Getting Married While in Vegas

Just stress that it wouldn't feel right to get married without all of your loved ones being there. That's if you actually want to marry your partner. Otherwise, time for a long, honest talk and possibly a solo trip to Vegas - good luck!

yourstarla
Level Contributor
11,241 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How to Avoid Getting Married While in Vegas

I'll be honest here. Either you're ready to get married or you're not. Obviously, you're not. If you get married just to make someone else happy you're going to be miserable. Keep "miserable" in your mind when you go to Vegas. And tell her you'll propose when the time is right.

Jersey
Level Contributor
31,600 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: How to Avoid Getting Married While in Vegas

If you are so afraid to go to Vegas because you may end up doing something (getting married) that you really, truly don't want to do- you are beyond the help of anyone on this forum.

Getting married because you may have a weak moment and cave is no way to start a married life together. Do yourself and your SO a favor- find someplace else to go - somewhere that doesn't allow you to get married on the spur of the moment.

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
5,853 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How to Avoid Getting Married While in Vegas

Stay Sober

9. Re: How to Avoid Getting Married While in Vegas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2010, 12:12
Phoenix
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
2,456 posts
303 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How to Avoid Getting Married While in Vegas

Either don't go to Vegas with your live in or have an honest talk before you go and tell it like it is so there will be no false expectations.