We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do you make Vegas an annual trip?

Florida
Level Contributor
178 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Do you make Vegas an annual trip?

Just curious how many of you make Vegas a "must" for an annual trip and why. My DH and I have been tossing around the idea but with so many places to vacation we are finding it difficult to say "let's do this every year"....

Atlantic City/Vegas
Level Contributor
472 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Do you make Vegas an annual trip?

If by annual you mean every 6/8 weeks then yes..... : )

Hotlando, Fl
Level Contributor
9,198 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Do you make Vegas an annual trip?

It's a must for me not only once per year but I probably average 4 times per year. I know there are other places to vacation but I've never enjoyed a vacation more than a Vegas one.

Queensbury, NY
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
4,268 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Do you make Vegas an annual trip?

We try to go every August. We like it because it is a compromise of what I like and what he likes so we're both happy.

We have the bonus of both being self-employed so we can go on more than one vacation a year when money and babysitters allow....so we go other places too!

Boston...
Level Contributor
6,410 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Do you make Vegas an annual trip?

Like my friend Varmant, I make my annual trip 4 times per year. :)

I do like to explore other places too, but am still in my "Vegas" phase.

I have combined a Vegas trip with a California trip 2 times and want to explore more National Parks combined with Las Vegas trips. Oh, and in August 2009 I spent 9 nights in Vegas and flew to Tampa for 5 nights before coming home. :)

Keswick, United...
Level Contributor
2,424 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Do you make Vegas an annual trip?

Well im a bit of a late developer, i never discovered Vegas untill i was 40. I have pretty much been everywhere else i wanted to go to in the world so Vegas has become my vacation of choice. 4th trip since December coming up!

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Do you make Vegas an annual trip?

Some years just once or twice, other years several more times than that. Depends on circumstances.

Florida
Level Contributor
178 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Do you make Vegas an annual trip?

Unfortunately we only gets 3 weeks of vacation a year. One week is spring break with the kids, one week is usually cooperstown for kids baseball tourney so that leaves us 1 week a year for an adults-only vacation. Wish we had more time but, since we don't, we have to choose wisely....

Pentwater, MI
Level Contributor
1,187 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Do you make Vegas an annual trip?

We go at least four times per year. We just plan different things when we go. Rather than go to a warm climate and sit in the sun, we go to Vegas in spring or fall when the pools are open but not too crowded. We always rent a car and can take shopping trips or sight seeing trips, just as we would in most other locations.

The biggest reason to go back to Vegas so often is cost. Flights are super cheap and with comped rooms at fabulous resorts, we have trouble justifying paying more just to go somewhere else. By going to Las Vegas, we can go more often unless we let the gambling budget get out of whack, then we stay home until it has been rebuilt.

Jersey
Level Contributor
31,600 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Do you make Vegas an annual trip?

I have been going to Vegas for almost 20 years-multiple times a year-and I haven't missed a year yet. Over 70 visits- over 1,000 days. In the last 4 months alone I have spent about 28 days there.

However, I teach so I get plenty of vacation time. I am lucky enough not to have to choose between Vegas or somewhere else. I take lots of other trips during the year- at least one of them out of the country. If it did come down to just one trip a year- it wouldn't be Vegas.

Bremen, IN
Level Contributor
245 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Do you make Vegas an annual trip?

I used to go every October, but now that I have married a school teacher we make our annual trip in June. I was afraid I wouldn't like the June weather, but actually it is better than the June weather here in Indiana.

Mr. K