We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for place to lunch outside...

Boston...
10 posts
Save Topic
Looking for place to lunch outside...

I was ready to make a reservation at Country Club/Wynn with the idea to sit outside and have a nice lunch with in a beautiful view (golf course and waterfall) and..... oh no.... Country Club/Wynn is not serving lunch on Saturday .....

Can you recommend a similar restaurant for lunch that we can sit outside?

Thanks

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
8,095 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for place to lunch outside...

Here on TA Mon Ami Gabi is always popular, though the view is more "people watching in Vegas" than beautiful and relaxing. More in the relaxing style would be the Verandah at the Four Seasons.

Vermont
Level Contributor
4,069 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for place to lunch outside...

The Verandah is very nice. So is Olives @ Bellagio.

Worcestershire...
Level Contributor
496 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for place to lunch outside...

Would second Olives, we had to cancel our Country Club reso as they were reseeding the golf course. Wait for a patio table at Olives as the fountains will start from lunch time at the weekend.

Also if you haven't already been, Parasol Down at Wynn has a great lake of dreams view outside but only for drinks.

Novi, Michigan
Level Contributor
855 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for place to lunch outside...

Nothing like wind and traffic noise for a pleasant meal; MAG

Scranton...
Level Contributor
2,470 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for place to lunch outside...

We ate outside at MAG and it was OK. It is noisy, but we did get to see the fountains go off once.

Olives is a good place to sit outside and watch the fountains. It is quiter than MAG. Stripburger is outdoor seating, but there is not much to see there, but we enjoyed it.

Boston
Level Contributor
24,518 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for place to lunch outside...

Olives is better then MAG but a bit more expensive, the view is better and its fairly quiet. You will be overlooking the fountains and the strip

Olives

…photobucket.com/albums/vv323/TheDiceman7/…

View from MAG

…photobucket.com/albums/vv323/TheDiceman7/…

Saint Joseph...
Level Contributor
2,533 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for place to lunch outside...

Side Note - About Wynn Golf Course. We've had lunch a year or so ago outside by the 18th green and it is very nice ...... a little pretentious, but very nice. However, we were staying at the Palazzo a few weeks ago with a view of the Wynn golf course and I noticed that the waterfalls by the 18th green were NOT on. I also couldn't tell if the course was even open. It's NEVER very crowded (could have to do with the $1,000 green fee ..... Haha...), but it really looked like the course might have been closed ...... maintenance perhaps, not sure.

Just passing this on, because the sights / sounds are much less appealing if the waterfalls AREN't on.

Jersey
Level Contributor
31,600 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking for place to lunch outside...

I would suggest Olives over MAG. I think the food is a lot better and I never thought the patio seating at MAG was so great. You have masses of humanity walking right by the patio at MAG- some staring up at you. Then you have to deal with the strip traffic and all that entails (including noise and sometime sirens). Depending on where you sit- some of the view is blocked by trees.

Scranton...
Level Contributor
2,470 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Looking for place to lunch outside...

I agree...Olives is definitely better than MAG! We ate there recently and it was only about $10 more than MAG! That is well worth it! The food is delicious at Olives and a much better atmosphere!

Lancaster...
Level Contributor
480 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Looking for place to lunch outside...

Is Trader Vic's still at the Planet Hollywood complex.