We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mosquitos in October

London
Level Contributor
85 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Mosquitos in October

Hi,

I am coming to las vegas next week and was wondering if I need to bring insect repilant. I always get bitten and was wonderng if the mosquitos are still bitting this time are year.

Thanks

Lisa

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
4,858 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mosquitos in October

I have never been bitten in Vegas - anytime of year and I always get bitten on vacation in other locations.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,240 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mosquitos in October

I don't think you have to worry about mosquitos in Las Vegas at any time. Mosquitos live in damp areas and Las Vegas is a desert. I've never encountered one there.

London
Level Contributor
85 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mosquitos in October

that is great news :)

thanks

Lisa

Scranton...
Level Contributor
2,469 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mosquitos in October

ljn26,

It's funny you posted this because one of the things my hubby and I noticed about Vegas...there seem to be no bugs! We were there last month, and I can't recall seeing even one. In PA, we get chewed up constantly all summer long. It was so nice not to have to be scratching! Have a great trip!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
24,650 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Mosquitos in October

there are plenty of bugs in Las Vegas, just not many mosquitos, flies, fleas

Lots of spiders (black widows), crickets, grasshoppers, bees, etc

Jersey
Level Contributor
31,600 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Mosquitos in October

Vegas has also had invasions of cicadas. I was there one year when I had to kind of fight my way through them (near Sam's Town) and was squishing those on the ground as I walked.

Vegas does have misquitos (and West Nile virus), but not in the tourist areas- mostly in the residential areas. And even there, there aren't a lot of them.

7. Re: Mosquitos in October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 April 2011, 07:15