We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BIG drop in price for my Alamo reservation!!

Ohio
Level Contributor
248 posts
Save Topic
BIG drop in price for my Alamo reservation!!

Just an FYI for those that may have a reservation with Alamo coming up ~

I have a reservation Nov 7-13 with Alamo. Originally booked it the beginning of September, mid-size for $196. Had a price drop to $158 at the end of September. I check a couple times a week and actually saw the price jump last week up to $229! Well, tonight I put my info in (id code and coupon code) for my dates and holy cr*p, the price dropped to $117 including all taxes and fees!! Score! It pays to keep checking :)

BTW, I used the contract id 7015551, which is Continental's frequent flyer code and coupon code AD2123JMC, which is $30 off a weekly rental. The coupon must be used by November 15th for at least a five day rental.

Florida
Level Contributor
3,859 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: BIG drop in price for my Alamo reservation!!

Gotta check this one out. Same scenerio here. Have res for l56 total with enterprise, let's see if I can get cheaper. Thanks.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
2,140 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: BIG drop in price for my Alamo reservation!!

I went from a compact at $184 to a mid size SUV at $121.

Crandon, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
3,290 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: BIG drop in price for my Alamo reservation!!

Dollar has been steadily coming down as well.....I am currently at $97 for 5 days, inc. taxes and fees for a midsize. I have made/cancelled numerous ressies!

Jersey
Level Contributor
31,600 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: BIG drop in price for my Alamo reservation!!

You should always keep checking rates for your reservation (and other companies rates) until the day you leave for the airport. On one trip last year, I modified my reservation five times as my rate went from $168 to $113.

Mexico
Level Contributor
468 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: BIG drop in price for my Alamo reservation!!

Where can I print this coupon?

Florida
Level Contributor
3,859 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: BIG drop in price for my Alamo reservation!!

Checked Alamo and Dollar and still at 156 for 6 days. Is their a code I'm missing.

Ohio
Level Contributor
248 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: BIG drop in price for my Alamo reservation!!

This is the link for the $30 off coupon. Just copy and paste the link into your browser. Hope it works!

https://www.alamo.com/index.do…

Regina, Canada
Level Contributor
225 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: BIG drop in price for my Alamo reservation!!

If you go to costcotravel dot com, you can use their codes. Our 3-day rental in November is down to about $41, taxes in, for a mid-size.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
252 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: BIG drop in price for my Alamo reservation!!

Do they double check to see if you're a frequent flyer with continential though?

Ohio
Level Contributor
248 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: BIG drop in price for my Alamo reservation!!

I've never been asked for the coupon or my frequent flyer info. You can always go to Continental's website and register for One Pass for free just to get the number.

I checked out Costco's website but unfortunately I am not going to be staying overnight on a Saturday which is a requirement for their coupons and savings. Thanks for info, though :)