We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping in Las Vegas over Thanksgiving 2010

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
19 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Shopping in Las Vegas over Thanksgiving 2010

Hi everyone.

I am Australian and am heading to Vegas from November 23rd to November 26th. It is my 30th birthday the day before Thanksgiving, so I am VERY excited!

My question revolves around shopping. lol. Time will be limited, so I am just wondering if the shops and outlets are likely to be open on Thanksgiving?

I have also heard of 'Black Friday.' What time will the doors to the stores open on this day? We leave Vegas at around noon, so in order to do some shopping I am hoping they open early...

Any advice so I can plan my trip would help lots!!

NZ
Level Contributor
687 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shopping in Las Vegas over Thanksgiving 2010

Hello person after my own heart :). Check out Quaffed's trip report from Oct last year. She nailed the Black Friday shopping.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
19 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shopping in Las Vegas over Thanksgiving 2010

Ohhh I can't find it!! :(

NZ
Level Contributor
687 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shopping in Las Vegas over Thanksgiving 2010

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g45963-i10-k3252…

plus shameless self promotion, I wrote about about bargains I got in my recent trip report too.

Denver, CO
Level Contributor
1,012 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shopping in Las Vegas over Thanksgiving 2010

We were in Vegas last year. Some shops will be open on Thanksgiving day, but will close early - say 3 or 5pm. Many will then reopen at midnight, 2am, 3am or 5am for Black Friday sales.

We camped out to get into Coach, at the Premium Outlets, thinking they were opening at midnight - turns out it was actually 2am - and it was COLD at that time of night!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
19 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shopping in Las Vegas over Thanksgiving 2010

Thanks heaps bobbi01476! I had so much fun reading that report. And it sounds like there are some MASSIVE bargains to be found.

I am liking the idea of Black Friday :)

NZ
Level Contributor
687 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Shopping in Las Vegas over Thanksgiving 2010

Esp with the Aussie $ doing so well at the moment! Don't forget to sign up for coupons on the outlet mall sites before you go. You save even more, it is very cool.

ireland
Level Contributor
766 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Shopping in Las Vegas over Thanksgiving 2010

I'll be there over Thanksgiving too - actually the sales were why I chose that time of year... I hope it'll be worth it. Any tips would be much appreciated. Would I be better off going to outlets or Fashion show Mall? Where can i find out when shops are open or any sale info?

Thanks!

8. Re: Shopping in Las Vegas over Thanksgiving 2010

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 April 2011, 05:18