We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just Back - Leftover US Dollar Travellers Cheques

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
liverpool
Level Contributor
107 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Just Back - Leftover US Dollar Travellers Cheques

Just got back to the UK and have brought home some US dollar travellers cheques. As I wont be going back to the states anytime soon I was just wondering where I can get the best exchange rate to change them back into sterling?

The Nat West offered me $1.74 per £1 and a couple of travel agents offered $1.76. Is there anywhere else that could better these rates?

One option could be to save them until I travel to Europe and cash the cheques in for Euros whilst over there - anybody ever done this?

Boston
Level Contributor
554 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just Back - Leftover US Dollar Travellers Cheques

You could sign them & send them to me & I will gamble with them & split the winnings with you 50/50. Feel free to PM me if this deal sounds inticeing, LOL!

BTW I could place futures bets for you at the sports book & send you the ticket too, many of my friends are having me do this for my upcomming trip, go Celtics!

Huddersfield...
Level Contributor
475 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just Back - Leftover US Dollar Travellers Cheques

If your planing on going back to the States either this year or next year why don't you just keep them. They have no expiry date.

3. Re: Just Back - Leftover US Dollar Travellers Cheques

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 April 2011, 05:16