We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tropicana renovation going well?

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sebewaing, Michigan
Level Contributor
381 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
Tropicana renovation going well?

I am looking to a book a group of 16 for March 2011, and I saw the Tropicana is doing a huge renovation. Would you think the construction would be about done in March? Reviewers are saying it is a major pain right now. The price for Tropicana is pretty good for the time we are going to be there, $94/nt. I wasn't even considering the Tropicana until I saw they were renovating.

The other options are Harrahs for $189/nt or Tuscany for $125/nt. I seriously don't think being off-strip would be a huge deal although some in our group may. Any help would be appreciated!

Boston
Level Contributor
24,409 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tropicana renovation going well?

Dont know where your getting these prices from but they are outrageous for these three places, is there a convention in town? Are those weekend rates?

Being off strip is a huge pain in the butt unless you have your own transportation or have been to LV numerous times and dont mind being off strip.

Thr Trop is coming along..

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2,882 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tropicana renovation going well?

I'm there 17-24 March. 17th is St. Patrick's day and then it's March Madness (1st?) weekend, the following week there is a huge convention in town - can't remember what, but sure I saw something about it being 100,000+.

Orange County
Level Contributor
1,153 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Tropicana renovation going well?

Those Rates are just through the roof...WAY HIGH!! There has to be a major convention in town during those dates as those rates are extremely off base for the aforementioned properties.

Sebewaing, Michigan
Level Contributor
381 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tropicana renovation going well?

Yes, ConExpo - construction equipment and such at the Convention Center. I know the prices are high, that's what they are for that week. We stayed at TI the last time we came for the expo, it was insane what we paid to stay there.

So, comparably, considering the prices are through the roof, what advice can I get for Tropicana, Harrahs, or possibly Tuscany?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2,882 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tropicana renovation going well?

Aria is showing as $179/night for 16th March for 7 nights (just if you're considering $189/night for Harrahs....)

Sebewaing, Michigan
Level Contributor
381 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tropicana renovation going well?

We will book through the convention because they give a discount for early booking, and they provide bus transportation to the convention center. I have looked and looked, the prices through the conexpo are slightly lower than anywhere else. So, just comparing Harrahs and Tropicana, is Harrahs worth almost $100 more per night? I know the location is one of the big things people like about Harrahs, but a renovation makes me think "new and nice."

Burbank
Level Contributor
4,519 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Tropicana renovation going well?

"...is Harrahs worth almost $100 more per night?"

No.

Novi, Michigan
Level Contributor
855 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tropicana renovation going well?

I am waiting for someone to talk about "Nicole" at Tropicana

binghamton
Level Contributor
2,178 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tropicana renovation going well?

why not call Nicole at the trop...she is excellent and will give you the best deal...ya gots to love her ! I stayed there 5/2010 in the newly remodelled Paradise Tower and loved it.

FWIW... the the trop is not off the strip which you probably already knew..

Make sure that the new sports book will be completed.

Bada Bing Bada Boom...LOL

Edited: 17 October 2010, 22:01
Wylie, Texas
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Tropicana renovation going well?

Nobody has answered his original question yet though, how are the renovations coming?