We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quiet pool at strip hotel?

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
411 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Quiet pool at strip hotel?

We are looking at Excalibur and Luxor due to prices but will be having a few relaxing pool days while we're there. Are all the pools noisy and really busy with music or do they have quieter areas? I don't mean silent, just where its more relaxing and can read a book! The pics of wet republic look like a nightmare to me! Is either hotel better than the other or is there another in a similar price bracket that has quieter areas? Thanks in advance for any help!

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
26,786 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quiet pool at strip hotel?

Take a look at Ballys. That should be in the same price range as Excal and Luxor (maybe even a bit lower) but their pool is big and relatively quiet (I hate loud music and don't remember what was playing - so that's good). It's not a fancy pool, the chairs aren't fancy, but they are comfortable and the pool itself is BIG and clean, with a nice deep end for actual swimming.

However, we are getting to the end of pool season...so depending on when you go a pool may not be a deciding factor in where you stay.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
411 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Quiet pool at strip hotel?

Thanks, we're looking at next sept or early october. I'll have to have a look at ballys!

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Quiet pool at strip hotel?

Despite what you've seen of Wet Republic, MGM's pool area is huge and has something for everybody. Director's Pool is a nice quiet spot.

DC/NOVA
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
11,291 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Quiet pool at strip hotel?

As much as I usually agree with my esteemed colleague Blagger, my biggest complaint about the Director's pool at MGM was the music. It was so loud and thumping that another person and I complained. There were few people there but the music was unbearable.

Also, you are too early to be look at rates for a year out. I wouldn't make final reservations until at least the spring.

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Quiet pool at strip hotel?

Thanks for the compliment damama! It's actually been a few years since I stayed at MGM. I remember Director's Pool as being a nice quietish spot. It sounds like they've cranked up the volume there more recently from what you say.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
411 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Quiet pool at strip hotel?

Thanks! We're edging towards a widescreen room at Excalibur. We can book from the UK now but are gonna look around xmas when virgin have a flight sale. I just want to get my background now so when the price is right I can book it!

Michigan
Level Contributor
56 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Quiet pool at strip hotel?

I would agree with Bally's. It was a very queit pool. I don't recall any music being played. As mentioned, it is a huge pool and it even has a deep end which few, if any, others in Vegas have.

Novi, Michigan
Level Contributor
855 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Quiet pool at strip hotel?

Pool season is history, chum. You'll freeze out there. Try next May.

Marquette, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Michigan
Level Contributor
2,302 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Quiet pool at strip hotel?

Another vote for Ballly's...

Lots of chairs and space available and a great place to lay back with a book.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
1,606 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Quiet pool at strip hotel?

The pool at Paris is fairly relaxing.