We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Favorite places to eat on Freemont St

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
496 posts
104 reviews
Save Topic
Favorite places to eat on Freemont St

Where would you suggest eatting on Fremont St?

Shag Harbour, Canada
Level Contributor
5,281 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Favorite places to eat on Freemont St

Depends on my mood at the time, and budget. Sometimes its a couple hotdogs for a buck at Mermaids at the end of the night. Sometimes I want a big hunk of expensive meat.

What kind of place are you looking for?

Edited: 23 October 2010, 22:31
Newcastle, UK
Level Contributor
1,589 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Favorite places to eat on Freemont St

Tony Romas at the Fremont hotel.

I just love Tony Romas...........................Anywhere.!!!

Cheers

Davy !!!

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
496 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Favorite places to eat on Freemont St

Under $20 a meal

SGF, MO
Level Contributor
7,269 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Favorite places to eat on Freemont St

#1 would be Firefly's at the Plaza. Next would probably be the Flame at El Cortez. For a real value and not haute cuisine, Magnolia's at Four Queens.

Hugo's Cellar and Vic & Anthony's are very good but I don't go there unless the wife is along. The buffet at Main St. Station is probably the best downtown. Pasta Pirate at California has some good, reasonable offerings as well.

The Tony Roma's downtown is the worst I've ever eaten at in the entire US, compared to other TR's I mean...

Edited: 23 October 2010, 22:38
N.Wales UK
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
9,002 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Favorite places to eat on Freemont St

We had a meal in the Carson Street Cafe in the Golden Nugget and lovely meals all around.........big portions and I couldn't finish my meal (nothing new there though LOL).

Norfolk, VA
Level Contributor
586 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Favorite places to eat on Freemont St

777 Brewery at Main Street Station. The 1/2 prime rib dinner for $8.95 is one of the best deals in Las Vegas.

Missouri
Level Contributor
5,980 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Favorite places to eat on Freemont St

Both Magnolias Veranda at the Four Queens, and Cafe Cortez at El Cortez have wonderful Prime Rib Specials, 10-12 oz..... for $7.95. Big meal with it too. Salad, potato, veggie, & dinner roll. Magnolias prime rib special is from 4 pm to midnight. I'd rate these two as about equal. Great bargains.

I like to have the pancakes at Dupars before 11 am, although Fitzgeralds has a great $1.99 breakfast special, two eggs, country fried potatoes & toast. Don't know if they still have that though.. 2nd floor, Courtyard grill & buffet.

I enjoy MSS Buffet, and also Fremont Buffet.... more choices at MSS, but... theres plenty for me to choose from at Paradise Buffet at the Fremont. Both have Champagne Brunches on Saturday and Sunday for like.. $10.99 per person. If you use the 2-4-1 coupons, you can each eat for about $6 including tax, but not tip.

Firefly is at the Plaza, second floor. Great food, tapas. Happy Hour is best. Save on drinks for 1/2 price... 5-7 pm weeknights, 4:30-6:30 pm Fri-Sat.

Charthouse Bar at Golden Nugget in Rush Tower has a great Happy Hour as well. 4-6 pm, Monday-Friday. Great entree sized appetizers for $5 (hummus) $6 fish tacos, $7 several kinds of sliders\. Drinks range from $3-6. I had a great Mango Mohito there for $5 ... Very nice sized drink too.

sheila

Edited: 24 October 2010, 00:13
Vancouver...
Level Contributor
259 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Favorite places to eat on Freemont St

trust supershe !! she really knows downtown !!! used some of your tips on my last trip , free pic with the stack of cash, and the coin in, coin out ! thanks supershe !

Crandon, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
3,197 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Favorite places to eat on Freemont St

I would second Pasta Pirate (there were coupons available) or Magnolia's.

We love Second St Grille at the Fremont, but haven't been there for a year or two.

Acton, Canada
Level Contributor
11,585 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Favorite places to eat on Freemont St

I totally agree with Sheila, I have to add the breakfast at the gn carson cafe is delicious, best eggs ever, but their coffee is horrid!