We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buy movies DVD in Las Vegas(near MGM)

Singapore
Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Topic
Buy movies DVD in Las Vegas(near MGM)

My husband is currently staying in MGM hotel.I would like him to help buy the just released Sex and the City 2 Movie DVD.Where can he buy it?

Does Borders Express at Fashion Show Mall sell it?

We are from Asia, so international shipping fee for orderling online is high.I would perfer him to buy in US and bring back.

Appreciate any help.

Special Offer
Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour with...
6,572 reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
5,043 reviews
from US$142.99*
US$224.90
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Helicopter Tour...
571 reviews
from US$369.99*
US$479.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Skywalk Skip-the-Line...
388 reviews
from US$499.99*
US$541.00
Muskegon, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,863 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buy movies DVD in Las Vegas(near MGM)

One thing to keep in mind before I give you places where he can buy the DVD : United States DVD are coded for Region 2, and I know for a fact that Singapore and most of S.E Asia are in a different region. I think its 5 or something like that. I'm originally from Indonesia, so I'm familiar with that. I just hope your home DVD player is Region-free so you can watch the DVD your hubby buys here in the US. With that being said...

Not sure of Borders Express ( I know regular Borders stores sells DVD's), but there will definitely be a store that sells movies and music at the Fashion Show Mall. If not, your husband can check out either the Miracle Mile Mall inside of the Planet Hollywood hotel on the Strip, near MGM or the Town Square Mall south of Mandalay Bay, a not far cab ride or bus ride away. They will have a store that will sell the DVD.

Good luck :)

Edited: 28 October 2010, 16:54
Singapore
Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Buy movies DVD in Las Vegas(near MGM)

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

Thanks for your reminder.My home DVD player is able to play DVDs from US.

I will ask my husband to check out Miracle Mile Mall at Planet Hollywood. I googled after reading your reply. It seems like a 15min walk from MGM. I hope he will be able to find the DVD from one of the stores there.

Thanks again!

Muskegon, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,863 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buy movies DVD in Las Vegas(near MGM)

yeah, Miracle Mile and PH in general is a pretty short walk from MGM. Good luck to him once again, and hope you guys can enjoy the film back home.

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico, Carolina
Level Contributor
8,383 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Buy movies DVD in Las Vegas(near MGM)

DVD's are sold in a lot of different stores. New releases can even be found in grocery and pharmacy Stores The Walgreen at the Venetian might just have it.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
563 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Buy movies DVD in Las Vegas(near MGM)

i would of thought been out in SE asia you'd be able to pick up a knock off copy for a couple bucks , friends fo mine have come back from singapore before with handfuls of DVDS for a pittance

South Pacific
Level Contributor
4,571 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Buy movies DVD in Las Vegas(near MGM)

I was going to say the same thing. If anything, THAT'S the place to buy DVD's!!!

South Pacific
Level Contributor
4,571 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Buy movies DVD in Las Vegas(near MGM)

I was going to say the same thing. If anything, THAT'S the place to buy DVD's!!!

NYC
Level Contributor
357 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Buy movies DVD in Las Vegas(near MGM)

Like many people have already suggested, Walgreens and CVS sell DVDs now, so that's probally closest to MGM, otherwise, going a bit more south of Mandalay bay, you can goto Fry's or Best Buy

9. Re: Buy movies DVD in Las Vegas(near MGM)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 April 2011, 06:17