We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

YES! Just booked trip #2

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
792 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
YES! Just booked trip #2

We've been back for officially one week now, and I've booked our second trip. I just couldn't wait any longer. I watched, "What happens in Vegas" last night and seeing Vegas on our big screen did me in, haha.

I logged on to my Total Rewards account and went to the reservation page to make a reservation and guess what?! We got Planet Hollywood COMP'D for 3 nights in August! I put in the dates I wanted and it said "COMP" beside each room and "Total trip cost-$0"

OMG.

I'm jumping up and down.

It's still a ways away but we have our wedding & honeymoon in between now and then so we'll have lots keeping us busy!

Marquette, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Michigan
Level Contributor
2,334 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: YES! Just booked trip #2

"COMP" beside each room and "Total trip cost-$0"

Cool, ain't it?

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
792 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: YES! Just booked trip #2

So cool!

I feel like a kid at Christmas. Haha.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
599 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: YES! Just booked trip #2

LOL!!! Another person joins the "can't wait to get back to Vegas" community! Each time I go, I'm usually Vegas'ed out by the time I get home....but can't wait to get back again! There is something so magical about trips to Vegas.

virginia
Level Contributor
2,964 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: YES! Just booked trip #2

Nice, well I hate to admit it but I booked a few trips for next year too - all the way through September, welcome to the club!!!

Heading there in the end of December and I can't wait!!! :)

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
792 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: YES! Just booked trip #2

I was Vegas'd out the day after I got home.

The on Monday, I started thinking about it.

Then Tuesday, I started pricing out options.

Then that movie did me in, LOL.

I think I remember hearing something about how 80% of the people who visit Vegas are repeat visitors, and usually people visit it a second time within a year. Seemed crazy to me at first but.....I can believe it now!

Topeka, Kansas
Level Contributor
18,510 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: YES! Just booked trip #2

Welcome to the TA Vegas Club! LOL

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
599 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: YES! Just booked trip #2

Yes, Vegas gets a lot of repeat visitors. And for people still in jobs, the recession has made it more affordable than I ever remember it being. I remember about 5 years ago places like the Bellagio were routinely getting over $300 per night for a basic room. Hopefully those prices are gone forever.

For me, it's a generational thing....my grandmother and great Aunts loved Vegas and used to go all the time.....same for my parents and my aunts and uncles. And my mother would often go with my grandmother and her sister etc etc. I had my first trip there when I was about 7! And I don't care what people say about Vegas and kids, some of my best family memories involve family trips to Vegas....and we also got some of my most treasured family pictures there (pics of the family seeing Ann Margaret, Mama Cass etc). Vegas is really magical and one of the very best holiday destinations in the world!

Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
89 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: YES! Just booked trip #2

YAY!!!! SO excited for you! I'm going in January for my 5th visit in a time span of 10 years. Since I've come across this forum with TONS of knowledge I feel like a Vegas virgin again!!!! There are SOOOO many things I've missed out on and didn't even know about! THANKS TA.... I can't wait!

Canada
Level Contributor
1,625 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: YES! Just booked trip #2

Welcome to the club! It's like eating chips. You can't stop at just one. :)

Hope you have a great time on trip #2.

When is trip #3? heh heh You sooooo know there is going to be another.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
792 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: YES! Just booked trip #2

Phoensam - I agree, it really is a magical place. I knew I'd like it but honestly, it was everything I though it would be and even more.

Luvthemtrips - Thanks! I'm excited for you too! January will be here before you know it!

nb_fillder - Ahhhhh let's see....perhaps NYE 2012? LOL!