We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weekend Nightclub Plan for 30 Year Old Couple

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Richmond Hill...
Level Contributor
262 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
Weekend Nightclub Plan for 30 Year Old Couple

Hi Everyone –

I'm taking my wife to Vegas the 3rd week of February for her 30th birthday. I visited Sin City a few times in my early 20s, but this will be her first time. I want to make sure she gets the Vegas nightclub experience, and from what I have read so far, Tryst and Voodoo Lounge look appealing. (Maybe Rain, or Blush?)

My question is about getting in at these places. We are there from Thursday-Monday, so I’d expect peak crowds over the weekend. A lot of the posts/websites I have read suggest 1) dressing hot (she can... not so sure about me...), 2) booking bottle service (there are just 2 of us, and she doesn’t drink that much...), or 3) greasing the doorman (which everyone will be doing, and it might not work...).

I just want to make sure we’re not standing in line all night. We’d be willing to show up early.

Any help you could offer would be appreciate!

Gardendale, Alabama
Destination Expert
for Birmingham
Level Contributor
1,193 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weekend Nightclub Plan for 30 Year Old Couple

If you show up early you won't have to wait more than an hour I would think. Bottle service seems like a waste for 2 people, especially if you don't drink much.

We thought Tryst was great, and Voodoo Lounge is a must see for the view (any get a witch doctor just to say you have). We alse like Tao a lot, and if you eat there before you can skip the line for the club.

My advice is to get on the guestlist and show up early. Then just have a couple of drinks and wait for the crowd to get there.

London
Level Contributor
1,846 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weekend Nightclub Plan for 30 Year Old Couple

Tryst is great fun but has lost a little of its edge since XS opened. XS is by far the biggest and hottest club in town at the moment. It can get rammed at the weekend but is also open on a Sunday when it is usually a lot less hassle to get in but still great fun. You can normally get free entry passes for a Sunday night from the XS gift shop, just ask the lady behind the counter.

If you don't want to do bottle service and you don't want to run the risk of Qing for a long time then get there early. You can always go in, come back out and get back in later. Most clubs will stamp you on the way out. Another option is to combine a meal with a club.. TAO and N9NE are good options for this as they will comp you entry to their respective clubs.

Of the other places you mentioned, Blush is more of a lounge which is OK for what it is but doesn't offer a full club atmosphere. Voodoo lounge can be OK but tends to be more sedate with people just there for the views rather than a club. Rain is great fun and has one of the best layouts and sound-systems, however, its music us much more house orientated than most of the other clubs.

Final suggestion is Playboy/ Moon. The two clubs are connected and you can wander freely between the two. Playboy is pretty laid-back but Moon normally has a great atmosphere. The view from the outside deck is incredible.

Have fun!

Edited: 14 November 2010, 15:36
3. Re: Weekend Nightclub Plan for 30 Year Old Couple

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 May 2011, 06:50