We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I had the time of my life--Sheff 11/11-11/16

New York
Level Contributor
5,520 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
I had the time of my life--Sheff 11/11-11/16

Ok. It will take some remembering on this one. I cannot tell you how much fun I had. My stomach still hurts from laughing so much.

On to the tale......I left home at 4am to get to work at 5am. Yeah I went to work. But time and a half days pay..that is already a win. So my girlfriend Deborah....she hates that...call her Deb left work at noon and got on the "A" train headed for JFK. Now Deb hasn"t been to Vegas since 1999. Virgin in my book. And she wasn't prepared for the debouchery we were about to get in. We get to the airport at 2pm. Head through security. I wanted to get felt up. I was going to request a man too. LOL. But no searches and no machines. Gee I feel safe.

So onto the bar for a drink and some food. We have to get refreshed because when we touch down we are hitting the ground running. We board our Delta flight and it was smooth sailing except for the occassional sneezing and coughing. Eww! Poor Deb, she was in the seat behind me and that what she endured. I slept until I had to go to the restroom and proceeded to pour apple juice down a woman's back. I apologized profusely and she was cool with it. Heck we are headed for Vegas. We touched down and Deb retrieved her bag and we took a cab to Ballys.

We received a south tower room and I actually liked the view of Paris and part of the fountains. The room was dated but it was clean. I did my spot check. Nope no bugs. Deb wanted to go to the Cheesecake Factory so we walked over to Caesars. We had a wonderful meal and decided to do what we do best...GAMBLING.

I took her over to Bills and we were there most of the night. Small wins. Nothing to write home about. We go back to Ballys and gamble a little more. I headed upstairs and Deb (this will be a pattern) is stuck to the machines.

NEXT.....Friday 11/12- Move to PH and the DT Firefly gathering.

Jersey
Level Contributor
31,600 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: I had the time of my life--Sheff 11/11-11/16

Glad you- and everyone else, it seems- had such a fabulous time.

Now the rest, please! Any pictures to share??

New York
Level Contributor
5,520 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I had the time of my life--Sheff 11/11-11/16

Friday 11/12

We moved to Planet Hollywood on this day. We were at the front desk by 830am. We walked from Ballys to PH with our luggage. It was senseless to take a cab when its easier to walk. We noticed that one corner of the Paris hotel is under construction. They are building a ITS SUGAR candy store there.

Oh let me backtrack. Now Ballys have pole dancers? ok

Back to our regularly scheduled program. We arrived at the front desk and Deb is ready to check us in. The receptionist says there is only one room available and there is no view. She asked if we wanted to wait. Deb was about to say yes on waiting for a room with a view. WHY?!!! Heck we aren't here for the view, just to sleep. Take the room. So room 1260 it is and it was near the elevator. The view was of a roof and mountains. WOO HOO! Whatever. We had the "Walk in the Clouds" room with Keanu Reeves. It is clean and tastefully decorated.

We drop our bags and go to the Spice Market buffet which is good as usual. We do some gambling. Well Deb must have hit because all she wants to do is go to the Coach outlet by way of Miracle Mile. Well we found the Las Vegas store and proceded to do damage to the store. So much we were figuring how the heck we were going to pack this stuff. But we had fun shopping, so much in fact they were playing the ChaCha slide and we proceeded to dance in the store. Well after entertaining the customers we dropped those bags off and went to catch the bullet (ACE) to the outlet past the Vegas sign. The ace was very convenient. We did a dent in the coach store and went back to the strip to drop those bags off. Mind you we haven't unpacked a lick of clothing.

We headed Downtown on the bullet and gambled in Four Queens while proceeding to get a Key Lime Margarita. It was so good. Thanks Oxy for the suggestion. I won about 180.00 on a Wizard of Oz slot. So far so good. I found ruby slippers and played that for a bit. I have reverted back to the original. We proceeded to Firefly and met Roz, Low and their friend Barry. Foxy was running late. I had brought some momentos from NYPD. Pins, hats and such. Foxy arrived and hugs and greetings were exchanged. We had a great dinner and went back to Freemont street and hung around a bit. There is sure a lot of half naked dancers now. Dancers everywhere. If you like it, I love it.

We watched people zipline down Freemont street. It looks fun. 15 dollars during the day and 20 dollars at night. We gambled for a bit while the guys went to the Double Down for drinks. We met up with them later and had a few drinks and a lot of laughs. We split up. Foxy, Deb and I went back to PH to gamble a little and then off to bed.

virginia
Level Contributor
4,282 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I had the time of my life--Sheff 11/11-11/16

Can’t wait for the rest. I remember the TR with your daughter awhile back which was very entertaining :)

Hotlando, Fl
Level Contributor
9,198 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I had the time of my life--Sheff 11/11-11/16

Enjoying your TR! Where's the Double Down?

blacksburg va
Level Contributor
6,859 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I had the time of my life--Sheff 11/11-11/16

harlemgirl you always make the most of your trips.

no need to even tell us how much fun was had.

blacksburg va
Level Contributor
6,859 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I had the time of my life--Sheff 11/11-11/16

but keep filling us in on your trip!

New York
Level Contributor
5,520 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: I had the time of my life--Sheff 11/11-11/16

I have pictures to download. I will once I finish this report.

Onto day 3- Sat 11/13

Deb wanted to see Bellagio so we went to the champagne brunch. This was my first time eating here as well so I was just as excited as her. The food was wonderful. We ate so much. A nice variety. We took our glasses of champagne and proceeded to the machines. We played for a little bit. We had to run over to Caesars to meet the gang.

Well we get there and there is Low, Roz, Bhambound, her husband, VA Dreamer and her husband, HTR and his wife Fairway Skipper, Foxy, Legospice and the famous England troupe----NiceSheff, his wife, his Daughter and her boyfriend. What a lovely bunch they are. If I forgot anyone, I apologize. Well lets get this party started.

Congrats to Paul (Bhambounds Hubby) on his 10k win at Aria on freeplay money, It was a 10xs pay machine. Lucky Cuss. LOL

So Sheffield gives me a can of snuff for my cold. It was a brown powder called McCrystals. You pinch it and put it on your hand and sniff it. Now imagine a bunch of people around tables sniffing stuff that was Vicks in powder form, passing it around. What an impression we made. LOL. Sheff also gave out keychains and gave Low a book on English Dialect. Boy did he need that. LOL. I get a text that BA arrived and that we were to meet her for lunch at Ocean One for Lunch.

Deb. Legospice, and I head over to PH and had a wonderful lunch. BA handed out Tattoo emergency kits which contained chocolates wrapped like poker chips, a small bottle of alcohol, some aquaphor vaseline and lotion. What a sweetie. Love ya girl.

Tattoo time! We meet Foxy in front of Paris and take the bullet to DT. We walk to the tattoo parlor and meet Josh who is a soft spoken young man covered in tats. Like him already. Ok so whose first? Deb, she get her name redone. That was easy. Next was Legospice. She got a black heart with a dagger on her calf. Next up was Foxy. She got a Pink Flamingo, wearing a fedora, standing on dice. That was put on her calf. That one was cool. I'm next. BA and I got the same tattoo but different colors. Hers on her calf and mine on my forearm. Its a Martini glass with two dice pierced with a toothpick. Way cool.

After getting tattoos it was on to El Cortez to meet the rest of the gang. Debfrombrooklyn, lookyloo and her husband, jupiter joe and her husband,HTR and Fairway Skipper, and finally......Shrek and his Fiona (Maryann). Sheff and his family was there too. The chocolate martinis were flowing. The guys were taking Lager shots. It was so much fun. We split up in groups. BA, Deb and I were hungry so we go the Golden gate to the diner for burgers. The others are scattered DT. After eating the fab burgers we gamble some and did quite well. Sheff's daughter, Shelly, and her boyfriend, Andy decide to zipline down Freemont street. And she does it in a dress no less. Priceless.

The night was ending and we ended up going back to the strip and back to bed.

New York
Level Contributor
5,520 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: I had the time of my life--Sheff 11/11-11/16

I think it was in Binions. Heck we hit so many I can't remember. LOL

virginia
Level Contributor
2,964 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: I had the time of my life--Sheff 11/11-11/16

Amazing so far! Can't wait for the rest! So Oglad everyone had so much fun!

Sarnia, Ontario
Level Contributor
7,119 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: I had the time of my life--Sheff 11/11-11/16

Sounds like so much fun. Did HTR teach you how to play craps?