We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can you recommend a mellow drink while I play slots?

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
1,139 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Can you recommend a mellow drink while I play slots?

I am not a heavy drinker and do not know much about alcohol. However, I am so tired of the pina colada's and strawberry daq's. Someone told me about Bailey's coffee in the mornings and then a friend of mine (being funny) ordered me a White Russian, knowing that I am not a drinker. It looked like chocolate milk and I gulped it down in a few sips. About 10 minutes later, I could not stand and barely made it to my room. My friend found this hilarious and I vowed to never order this drink again.

In saying this, can you recommend something light that I can order while playing the slots? My husband is a beer drinker and this is not my style. Is there anything made like a White Russian but not very strong?

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
1,861 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Can you recommend a mellow drink while I play slots?

Like a white russian? Just plain old Kaluha and Milk (I think its called a brown cow) would be less strong. Also a peach belinni is made with peach schnapps and champagne, very tasty but not too strong. A malibu and pineapple juice is on the lighter side too but so tasty betcha can't drink just 1 :)

Queensbury, NY
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
4,268 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can you recommend a mellow drink while I play slots?

White Russians are good if you sip them! ;)

Seriously though...my new favorite drink at home is vanilla vodka and OJ. It tastes like a creamsicle. I like straight Baileys on the rocks for sipping. Butterscotch schnapps is good on the rocks too....

You might also like fuzzy navels...OJ, peach schnapps and vodka....

Brighton
Level Contributor
4,030 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can you recommend a mellow drink while I play slots?

You could always ask for a weak one or something like a Brandy Alexander. Baileys coffees are great - just stress you want weak drinks when ordering.

SGF, MO
Level Contributor
7,269 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can you recommend a mellow drink while I play slots?

If you are playing slots then I wouldn't worry about getting anything but weak drinks...

Don't pick a drink with multiple liquors like a Long Island Ice Tea or similar. Many of your fruitier, tropical concoctions will have more than one liquor.

For me, vodka is a safe bet because of its clean, neutral taste and its distilllation yields higher ethanol and lower trace methanol than darker liquors. This minimizes hangovers should you inbibe excessively. Rums are another good choice but typically sweeter.

Just ask for a vodka and what ever juice or carbonated mixer you like. Cranberry, orange, grapefruit, pineapple, tomato are all good, tasty choices.

For lesser alcohol content, a white wine or champagne could be substituted for vodka but you won't be getting top shelf selections that you would want to drink without the mixer.

Acton, Canada
Level Contributor
11,585 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can you recommend a mellow drink while I play slots?

You calso order mocktails or virgin drinks... tastes like the real thing just no booze!

SGF, MO
Level Contributor
7,269 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Can you recommend a mellow drink while I play slots?

"imbibe", pardon me...

ireland
Level Contributor
768 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Can you recommend a mellow drink while I play slots?

Baileys, kalhua or Tia maria with milk is good. Or Malibu and cranberry. Enjoy!

Stony Plain, Canada
Level Contributor
1,339 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Can you recommend a mellow drink while I play slots?

If you are at the Wynn, try sipping on a chocolate martini. - Delicious!!!

London, Ontario
Level Contributor
203 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Can you recommend a mellow drink while I play slots?

I agree with Vodka & Cranberry but I also highly recommend the Mojito.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,901 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Can you recommend a mellow drink while I play slots?

Low told me Witchdoctors are mellow....somehow I'm not buying it....lol

Edited: 20 November 2010, 21:56