We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wynn or Encore spa?

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
North Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
102 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Wynn or Encore spa?

Which would you choose?

I'm not looking for any treatments- rather I'd just like to spend a couple of hours using the spa facilities.

Do either of these spas have areas for men and women to be together? My husband hasn't been to a spa before and he'd be more comfortable if there was an experience we could enjoy together.

We'll be staying at the Wynn but don't mind going elsewhere.

Thanks for your advice!

North Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
102 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wynn or Encore spa?

Sorry... No idea why this posted twice... Thanks iPhone!

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
494 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wynn or Encore spa?

That's a great idea. What would "using the spa facilities" without getting a treatment even include at these places? Is there an indoor jacuzzi area or steam rooms and saunas, for example?

North Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
102 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wynn or Encore spa?

Yes there are saunas, steam rooms, showers, lounges etc

There's lots of information on the hotel websites plus other places like Yelp. I've read several reviews of both and still can't work out the male/female question though!

Edited: 21 November 2010, 20:30
California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
41,081 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wynn or Encore spa?

Las Vegas spas have very limited, if any, coed facilities. The spa with the most shared facilities is Aria. You might want to check it out:

http://www.arialasvegas.com/spa/

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
6,692 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wynn or Encore spa?

Of the two, IMO Encore Spa is nicer than Wynn. But neither is going to be coed. Palms may have coed areas.

vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
4,541 posts
262 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wynn or Encore spa?

i hear the Mandarin spa in vegas is quite good. just go on the resort's website and check out their spa details...quite impressive, imho.

texas
Level Contributor
1,709 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wynn or Encore spa?

In January a friend and I went to the spa at Encore. Neither of us had treatments, we just used the facilities. It was fabulous. No coed facilities except the gym though. I do not know if they had co-ed massages or not though.

By contrast I went to use the facilites at the Bellagio in September and I was greatly disappointed. The Encore had these amazing hot stone lounge chairs that felt fantastic and the Bellagio did not have them. Boy was that a let down! I think the Encore was $30 per person and the Bellagio was $25. I would definitely recommend the spa at Encore for their facilities because we just felt so pampered there.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
494 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wynn or Encore spa?

Hey...

What is there that "makes you feel pampered" about just being at the spa? I'm thinking of using it, but do they really pamper you if you're not there for a treatment? What does it include? What are the "stone lounge chairs" like?

I'm intrigued. Tell me more! :)

texas
Level Contributor
1,709 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Wynn or Encore spa?

I have a hard time explaining just how nice the stone chair loungers are. It is like a huge chair made of stones that are heated. So when you sit in it you are heated head to toe. You lay on it but it is curved, not flat. Heavenly! I sat in it while drinking cold water and reading magazines.

I felt pampered because it is so calming and with the chandeliers and beautiful atmosphere it felt really high end to me. It may have been even better if I got a treatment of some sort, I really do not know.

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
6,957 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Wynn or Encore spa?

I really like the Encore Spa, it's very pretty and not too crowded. Qua at Caesars is my favorite but costs more. I liked Aria but it is not as nice as Encore or Qua, but it does have Co-ed areas if that would make your husband more comfortable then I think it would be the best option.