We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

aria false advertising corner suite....

Springfield...
Level Contributor
426 posts
Save Topic
aria false advertising corner suite....

Aria shows the floorplan on their website for a corner suite as having the tub in between 2 windows, with the 2 windows forming a V shape AROUND the tub, as seen here; arialasvegas.com/images/hotel/floorplans/Flr…

I recently viewed a video on youtube from a guy reviewing the corner suite, which wasnt at the end of the hall way, and the bath tub is only facing one window...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=65lxs2ttito#t=4m47s

FYI: Here is a shot of the tub in a proper corner suite... vegastripping.com/images/aria-corner-suite-t…

Is it hard to get a proper corner suite? i will NOT stay in the "secondary" corner suite if given to me. Im sick of these false advertisings.

Special Offer
Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour with...
6,565 reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
5,032 reviews
from US$142.99*
US$224.90
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Helicopter Tour...
570 reviews
from US$369.99*
US$479.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Skywalk Skip-the-Line...
388 reviews
from US$499.99*
US$541.00
Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
27,075 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: aria false advertising corner suite....

I'm no expert, but I'm pretty sure on a floor plan the light blue is a window, and the dark blue is a wall. So on BOTH the Aria floorplan, and the actual video, it is just window on one side.

The vegastripping picture is from a third party, which could have gotten their captions mixed up and actually showed a different (better) suite while calling it the corner suite.

I'd believe the first two, unless you know FOR SURE that the tub is in a corner with 2 windows. But I certainly wouldn't rely on the VT picture.

Springfield...
Level Contributor
426 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: aria false advertising corner suite....

appreciate the reply, however here is a better picture showing the 2 windows

…wordpress.com/2010/07/img_0026.jpg…

P.S. I was false advertised before with a spa suite at luxor, however i want to stay on topic with the corner suite....

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
27,075 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: aria false advertising corner suite....

Swearingen (I haven't seen him around lately) stayed in a corner suite...why don't you PM him and ask what he had? If there are 2 different kinds, then contact the hotel before you go and hammer out exactly which room you want. Aria was very accomodating to us getting us the room we wanted.

That tub in the corner does look very cool. I wonder if the glass is one way :)

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: aria false advertising corner suite....

Have you called Aria and asked about this? As Warm said I wouldn't necessarily take a third party site to be 100% accurate. Likewise with YouTube.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
5,180 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: aria false advertising corner suite....

From the various videos on Youtube, it looks like there are 2 different corner suites: one with the tub in the corner, and the other with the bed in the corner.

Florida
Level Contributor
1,107 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: aria false advertising corner suite....

WW - I can tell you from personal experience that the glass is NOT one way. On my summer trip, I was standing on the monorail platform at night, looking up admiring the building, when all of a sudden I caught a glimpse of some guy's frank and beans staring out of one of the windows... not cool.

It looks like the bottom part of the glass near the tub has some privacy screening, but that guy was standing up and was definitely showing the world his wares. I made a mental note to be careful where I stand when staying at Aria!

Cochrane, Canada
Level Contributor
432 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: aria false advertising corner suite....

Yes it looks like there are two layouts for the corner suite. Notice above the plan they state:

"Corner Suite - 920 sq.ft.

Actual floor plan and amenities may vary within suite category."

I also have a corner suite booked for December. Personally I like the layout which has the tub in the corner instead of the bed. Not enough to cancel though, if I do end up with the later room, I will ask to be moved.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
4,859 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: aria false advertising corner suite....

I had a corner suite this weekend and we had the v-shape around the tub...it sat in the corner, with a mountain view one way and a strip view the other way.

All floor plans can have differences and as someone else mentioned, it's mentioned on the website

Edited: 23 November 2010, 14:37
Virginia
Level Contributor
1,576 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: aria false advertising corner suite....

I think you're misinterpreting the diagram layout of the room. I see the tub against a wall and facing a window.

The only thing false is your post.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: aria false advertising corner suite....

As other posters have mentioned there are two categories of corner suites at Aria, the standard corner suite (whose most common layout is depicted in the floor plan on the website, though I think there can be some variations on this depending on the location of the suite within the hotel) and the panoramic corner suite. It's the latter that has the layout the OP is describing where the tub is positioned at the apex of two floor-to-ceiling windows on either side. I stayed in this room on my last trip there, and it's phenomenal. I don't give a hoot if the construction workers at the Cosmo could see my junk; it was awe-inspiring to bathe in a spot that felt like you were hovering over the strip with unobstructed 270 degree views. The suite is also laid out so that one full "wall" of the bedroom and sitting room is a floor-to-ceiling window that face in two (actually three) different directions. There aren't many suites on the strip that can rival it, and I'd suggest that before you pass judgement on Aria, that you pay a visit to one of these suites to realize exactly what kind of top-shelf sensory experience the architects had in mind when they designed the place.

When you look at the booking options on the website, you'll see that there are four different pricing categories under the "corner suite" option. Corner suite standard (mountain) view, corner suite city view, panoramic corner suite (mountain) view, and panoramic corner suite city view. The last is obviously the most expensive, and there are the fewest number of these compared to the others I believe, because there are only one or two "corners" in the architecture of the hotel that allow for a panoramic city/strip view like this.

Edited: 23 November 2010, 15:50