We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

anyone else notice

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
2,330 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
anyone else notice

The heavy heavy advertising from the Cosmo starting yesterday? Its not just on TA. I'm pretty sure its the cookies on my computer, because it seems like whatever website I go to, there's an add for Vegas, but the Cos has been stepping it up big time. Looks like they're going for a swanky half-way dirty burlesque rock star theme. I for one, cant wait, and am kind of irritated I have to leave Vegas on Dec 13th and cant check it out till March (or maybe Feb, we'll see :)

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
42,868 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: anyone else notice

Yes. They're doing it just to torture you.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
2,330 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: anyone else notice

I think they're tracking my movement, when I google "fedex" I shouldnt see a link for them.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
2,140 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: anyone else notice

I so want to stay here on our next trip. Our trip 3 weeks ago, we stayed at Planet Ho with our view being of the Cosmo. I just stared at it the whole trip.

Edited: 24 November 2010, 00:19
Acton, Canada
Level Contributor
11,584 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: anyone else notice

Yea I notice they are pretty creepy lookin too!

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
26,897 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: anyone else notice

LOL Pook. Yes, all their advertising is very hip and outre...I wonder what they are going to do when the fanny-packing Bubs of America are going to come shuffling through their place. It's not like they can put a sign on the door "only Nash and other cool people allowed"...I myself veer more towards the former than the latter (although I have forsaken the FP), but heck, I'm a grandma and I can't wait to get my hands on the butts of those bellboys (oh wait, I really didn't say that)...uh, uh, I mean...I can't wait to get my room with the kittens and bunnies...and if they're not there there will be hell to pay for false advertising!!

Acton, Canada
Level Contributor
11,584 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: anyone else notice

Lol I would love a room with kittens and bunnies!! I'd be sure to pack lotsa yarn and carrots!

Jersey
Level Contributor
31,600 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: anyone else notice

No poker room and graffiti in the garage. Nope, they aren't looking for Mr. and Mrs. Fannypack, that is for sure.

From lasvegasweekly.com/news/…

Surely some will see these murals and be turned off, by their messages, their obliqueness or the very act of celebrating what some see as a nuisance, not an art form. To those people, I say, take another look. If that doesn’t do the trick, remember the Cosmopolitan’s simple, refreshing message that many a local resort would be loath to broadcast: We’re not for everyone. Maybe even not for you.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
2,330 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: anyone else notice

Love it

Jersey
Level Contributor
31,600 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: anyone else notice

About their advertising campaign:

www.vegastripping.com/news/news.php…

Just how much did their advertising cost? Ooooooh somewhere in the neighborhood of $1.6 BILLION!

No wonder you see the ads all over the place!

Florida
Level Contributor
3,859 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: anyone else notice

Not for nothing guys, this kind of art work has been on the streets and subways of NYC for years. I do think, they should have given some LV local artists a shot. It would show the marketing dept of MGM cared about putting some of the locals to work. I'm All for that. Also, got a peek when I was just there staying at the Vdara.