We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family Friendly Hotel in Las Vegas

Tennessee
Level Contributor
54 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Family Friendly Hotel in Las Vegas

I am planning to take a trip to Las Vegas with my husband and 6 year old. We are planning on staying in Las Vegas 2 nights and heading towards grand Canyon. Looking for a kid-friendly hotel. And if anyone has anything that is a must do, that as well. We were thinking of a tour of Hoover dam since my son loves Transformers and the Hoover Dam was one of the places in the 1st movie.

Grand Adventures Tours
Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Photography Tours, Bus Tours
Maverick Helicopters
Helicopter Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Air Tours
Las Vegas Walking Tours
City Tours, Walking Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
27,076 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family Friendly Hotel in Las Vegas

I would say Excalibur for that age....they have a carnival games/arcade, a jousting horse dinner thingie, a Spongebob 4d movie (what the heck is 4d?). Plus it's a short walk to M&M world and the lion cubs of MGM.

Escanaba, Michigan
Level Contributor
1,308 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family Friendly Hotel in Las Vegas

Circus Circus is a good choice with a 6 year old.

TG

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
27,076 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Family Friendly Hotel in Las Vegas

The general concensus is CC is a dump.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
5,180 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Family Friendly Hotel in Las Vegas

4D movie is a 3D movie with some kind of physical contact. Disneyland/Disney World I think both have Honey I shrunk the audience. Various special effects for viewers: like rats brushing against your legs or getting wet from a dog shaking on the screen.

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
27,076 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Family Friendly Hotel in Las Vegas

Oh, ok, I've been to several of those in Orlando. Shrek, A Bug's Life...I get it. Thanks.

Escanaba, Michigan
Level Contributor
1,308 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Family Friendly Hotel in Las Vegas

One person's dump is another person's palace.

That being said, CC is still a kid-friendly hotel which is what the author of the thread was looking for.

TG

cali
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Family Friendly Hotel in Las Vegas

Alot of people say the excalubur and Circus Circus but when I went as a kid we stayed at MGM and I loved it. The loions were cool and its a nice place. Kids like lights and nice stuff stay somewhere nice. Also you wont be sacraficing your own enjoyment at the same time.

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Family Friendly Hotel in Las Vegas

How much are you happy to spend per night on a room? If it's no more than $40-50 then Circus Circus may well be best for you. If you can stretch to $75 then Excalibur is probably your best bet. If you're looking at $200-250 then Four Seasons is very family friendly.

And if you'll have a car in Vegas then off-Strip properties such as Orleans and South Point with amenities like bowling and movie theaters could be what you're looking for.

Tough to help without any clues about your budget.

Edited: 27 November 2010, 02:05
Muskegon, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,863 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Family Friendly Hotel in Las Vegas

Hee hee..."Transformers"... I just finished watching the newest Transformers cartoon, "Transformers:Prime" on TV an hour ago...pretty cool and current take on the saga, and Peter Cullen, as Optimus Prime, is a voice acting god to me. Ok, anyways....

I agree with Blagger's advice about your budget and what you want in a hotel for you guys in LV. We can throw in hotel names but with no clue of how much fabulous (or not) moolah you're willing to spend nightly for your hotel, it'll be harder to give you a great match. For me personally, who have visited Vegas as a kid (when I was a teen, though), I would recommend MGM or Excalibur b/c I've stayed in them then, and have stayed in them this century too. Good location for family, closer to airport, and lots to see and do for everyone in that area :). So please, help us a bit by giving us an estimated budget for your hotel.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
303 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Family Friendly Hotel in Las Vegas

now and then I have stayed at CC on a Thursday night because everything else was too expensive. It is older but I would not call it a dump by any means. When the children were young it was an awesome place to stay.

I cannot imagine any child having a better time anywhere else.

The food isn't great but it's not all that bad and you don't have to eat there.

If you don't stay there GO THERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!