We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice Please

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lowestoft
Level Contributor
126 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Advice Please

Hello All

My husband and I would love to go to Vegas April 2010 - May 2010 for 5-7 nights

Our budget is around £500 per person for the flights and hotel, which is not much

Any advice on when is best to go or cheep but nice hotels to stay at would be really great

Thank you

Suzy

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
1,850 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice Please

What does that 500 translate to in US dollars?

Lowestoft
Level Contributor
126 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice Please

Sorry should have put dollars too. Around $800

Malibu
Level Contributor
10,930 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice Please

If Lowestoft is in Arizona, you will be fine. If it's in Thailand, not so good.

Pardon my ignorace, but what major city (excluding Lowestoft of course) will you depart from?

Level Contributor
3,510 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice Please

Flights will probably eat up the majority of your budget. Check the websites of the major airlines that fly from your local airport. Try different day combinations (and number of layovers) to see what flights work best for you. Vegas hotel rooms will be less expensive Sunday - Thursday, so shoot for that timeframe when planning. Also, try to be flexible on your dates -- if there is a large convention in town, prices will go way up.

For your budget, I would look at Imperial Palace, Flamingo, or Ballys on the strip. Also consider Fremont, 4 Queens, Fitzgeralds, California, and Main Street Station downtown.

Lowestoft
Level Contributor
126 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Advice Please

Thats ok no one who even lives in the UK has heard of Lowestoft :-)

Would fly from any London Airport

Lowestoft
Level Contributor
126 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Advice Please

16gauge thank you for the tips will keep that in mind when booking

Thank you for the hotel suggestions too

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Advice Please

swuzyg, I'll offer you a little advice! You really need to post using a title that's less vague . "Advice please" could mean just about anything.... :-)

Your title should be something along the lines of "Visiting from the UK on a budget". That way those best qualified to offer help and advice will notice it and take the time to actually read it. Good luck!

Level Contributor
3,510 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Advice Please

Have you researched airfare from London to Vegas yet? Weeknight hotel rooms at some of the places mentioned above can be as low as $30-40/night. Focus on finding an affordable flight, then look up room rates for that time frame.

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Advice Please

16guage, for a first time visitor from the UK who's not going to get offers from hotels based on previous gambling history, it's very possible that a package is the OP's best bet. As I said in my previous post, they need the advice of UK posters who know best.

Lowestoft
Level Contributor
126 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Advice Please

very sorry didn't mean to be vague or misleading

Just want advice on hotels and flights.....just also know that in America you have things like spring break etc

Just didn't want to aim for April if thats when all the school are out so May might be better.....

Thank you all for your help and advice will do some more research